Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STATEMENT BALANCES QUESTION HELP

tag
lava224

STATEMENT BALANCES QUESTION HELP

I WILL MAKE THIS AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE.

ARE YOU BETTER OFF HAVING A $0 BALANCE REPORTED ON EACH CREDIT CARD ON THE STATEMENT CUTOFF DATE* OR HAVE IT SHOW

A SMALL BALANCE. I HAVE BEEN PAYING DOWN ALL THE CARDS TO $1.00 SO THEY REPORT THAT NUMBER ON THE STATEMENT CUTOFF DATE.

OPEN TO ALL COMMENTS! THANK YOU

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: STATEMENT BALANCES QUESTION HELP

I'm not an expert on credit scores, but my creditkarma score, that is not my Fico, dropped 10 points when reporting $2 a 0% usage on my cc, since then I always try to at least meet a 1% so it does not drop.

Message 2 of 5
lava224

For instance, if I use $400 on a $500 credit card line during the month but pay it down to $1.00 so they report a $1.00 balance carryover on the statement cut off date, is that better than reporting $0? Or should I purposely leave 10% usage ($50)  on that statement print date? ANYONE?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anything within 1% and 5% is the best, I did it on purpose and creditkarma dosen't care much between 1-5%, so if you got a $500 cl, do at least $5 tha'ts 1%, if you do 0 at least for creditkarma hits your score.

Remember credit score is not really a credit scrore, is a debtor score, so if you got no debt you got no score, so keep at least 1% usage.

Message 4 of 5
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Ask yourslf what are you trying to accomplish.

-Higher credit line then report a high balance on your card one month to show that you are using your available credit and able to manage your available credit on a card because if a lender see's you are not utlizing your current credit then why give you a high CL IMO. Then pay it off the next month. 

-Raise FICO score then report a total utlization less than 8% across all cards. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.