Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUCCESS! Credit App Spree After Bad Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SUCCESS! Credit App Spree After Bad Credit

From US Banks website... "4. Should your application for the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa® Signature Card be denied, submitting this application constitutes your application for a U.S. Bank Cash Rewards Visa® Card. The U.S. Bank Cash Rewards Visa Card does not earn 5% or 2% cash back." Aren't all visa sigs minimum 5k?
Message 11 of 27
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

siggy's start at 5k. anybody have the cash with less than 5k, this is the first I've heard of this.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 12 of 27
beb86
Valued Contributor

Congrats but the score you get from EX is not a FICO
Message 13 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!!! Gah... Why is everyone being ao negative blah blah blah...

Of course, it is always good to make sure you are getting what you think you're getting. Sounds like you did your hw though!!!

Next goal: try to get to 700!!!!:-D
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 27
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Congrats!!!!! Gah... Why is everyone being ao negative blah blah blah...

Of course, it is always good to make sure you are getting what you think you're getting. Sounds like you did your hw though!!!

Next goal: try to get to 700!!!!:-D

+1...Congrats! Diligence does by off, I know.

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 15 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 27
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations, that's wonderful! You received some very nice cards and limits! Smiley Happy

The reason that your Experian scores don't match is that Experian does not sell FICO scores to the public. You have been given an Experian Plus score, which is not the same thing. The lender provided you with an actual FICO score, so you should feel very good that it's in the 700s. Smiley Happy

Once again, congrats -- such a good comeback!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@migliogiorni wrote:

siggy's start at 5k. anybody have the cash with less than 5k, this is the first I've heard of this.

I used to have a BofA Visa Sig.  It was initially approved at $5k.  I had a CSR move some lines around to where it dropped that line to $2.5k for many months.  At some point they auto CLI'd it back to $5k.  I don't know if that was out of the kindness of their hearts, or if they realized they'd screwed up and that the Sig cards should be $5k or more.

I've not heard of anyone else getting a Visa Sig below $5k.

Message 18 of 27
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I thought Cash+ required a $5,000 minimum credit limit.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 19 of 27
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I hate to burst your bubble, but if you got a credit limit of 3k you did not get approved for the cash+, they did to you what they do to everyone who doesn't qualify and started you off on the platinum rewards card, its a measly 1%.  Also, I'm not sure where you are getting the 6.25% on the cash back for that card anyway, it tops out at 5%, and if you have a platinum checking with them you get a 50% bonus(based on the 1%, which adds .5% to both the 2% catagory and 5%), so the most you would accrue is 5.5%.  Nevertheless, its a signature card and with 3k limit they didn't approve you for it.  Impressive on the other 2 cards though, congrats!

I agree. Probably did not get approved for Cash+. If he has a package checking account, he will get the 6.25%.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.