Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWA VISA

tag
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: SWA VISA

great niki our scores are somewhat close if you dont mind me asking what other cards to you have with apr and limit? congrats again maybe now you can earn that free flight
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 11 of 22
Niki9
Regular Contributor

My recent apps have been far too many:

Hooters   $500
sea miles $7500
QVC
Target
HSBC Visa
Nordstrom
Citi PP

as you can tell I recently went on an application spree....

My score might be higher if I had not done this.

recently closed
my applied bank card (formerly cross country)
closed my orchard card today

still have

WAMU visa
WAMU m/c
Cap1
Valero gas card
BB m/c
walmart

Message 12 of 22
Niki9
Regular Contributor

limit
Hooters   $500
sea miles $7500
QVC           $700
Target         $300
HSBC Visa  $4000
Nordstrom    $1000
Citi PP           $2000 (i think)

recently closed

still have

WAMU visa  $3000
WAMU m/c   $4000
Cap1             $4500
Valero gas card $900 (started w/$300 - they cli to $600 about 3 mos ago and then to $900 this month)
BB m/c             $1000
walmart             $150

Message 13 of 22
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Great job Niki! I have this card as well but would like to warn you about something. You can buy all of the tickets for family and friends that you want but you are only credited for a flight that YOU are actually on. The SWA Rapid Rewards Program will credit the traveling members account number only!
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Niki9 wrote:

limit
Hooters   $500
sea miles $7500
QVC           $700
Target         $300
HSBC Visa  $4000
Nordstrom    $1000

recently closed

still have

WAMU visa  $3000
WAMU m/c   $4000
Cap1             $4500
Valero gas card $900 (started w/$300 - they cli to $600 about 3 mos ago and then to $900 this month)
BB m/c             $1000
walmart             $150

Heavens to betsy!!! How the heck are you getting approved for all that?!?!?!?

Your scores are better than mine, but not necessarily THAT much better.
If you don't mind me asking, what negs do you have on your CR? And how long did you have your orchard card, now that you are closing it?

Thank so much!
Message 15 of 22
Niki9
Regular Contributor

SpecFile wrote:
Great job Niki! I have this card as well but would like to warn you about something. You can buy all of the tickets for family and friends that you want but you are only credited for a flight that YOU are actually on. The SWA Rapid Rewards Program will credit the traveling members account number only!

Thanks for the info.

I do get double the points for each SWA ticket - right?
and each point = 1 rewad dollar
Once you earn 1,200 Reward Dollars you will receive 1 Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards credit

At least that was how I understood it.

Message 16 of 22
Niki9
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Niki9 wrote:

limit
Hooters   $500
sea miles $7500
QVC           $700
Target         $300
HSBC Visa  $4000
Nordstrom    $1000

recently closed

still have

WAMU visa  $3000
WAMU m/c   $4000
Cap1             $4500
BB m/c             $1000
walmart             $150

If you don't mind me asking, what negs do you have on your CR? And how long did you have your orchard card, now that you are closing it?

Thank so much!

I have had my orchard card since 2001.

I have 2 old PAID collections.  - and 1 card had some lates from a very long time ago.
The biggest problems with my credit is my utilization and my history is not long enough

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Niki9 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Niki9 wrote:

Thank so much!

I have had my orchard card since 2001.

I have 2 old PAID collections.  - and 1 card had some lates from a very long time ago.
The biggest problems with my credit is my utilization and my history is not long enough

Well, that makes more sense. I didn't realize that util was that big a hit! I only have 5 years of history, NO positives (well, I do now, but not a couple weeks ago), a repo, a couple of open collections, and there's no credit line to utilize. Seems like your score should be more than only 60 points better than mine, tho.

And how the heck can your util be bad with all that avail limit? Or has all the new stuff you listed not posted yet? If it hasn't posted, I bet your util problems go buh-bye!

Thanks for the info! That gives me something to shoot for.
Message 18 of 22
Niki9
Regular Contributor

Ok here is my sob story and why my util is high.

When I started posting on this forum (I had been reading long before) I had some money to pay down my bills.  I did and my FICO went up.

The problem is DH is self employed and winter time we pretty much live on 1 income because his income is 1/2 of what it usually is.  Normally, it's OK because he does work some and we manage.  However, November 1st, he was in a car accident.  His work van was totaled and all of his equipment was damaged.  Not to mention he was injured and was not able to work at all November and December.  So, we have had to live off of 1 income (which does not pay all of the bills).  Not to mention, he incurred doctor and physical therapy bills that had to be paid.

I have been lucky to have the FICO to get the credit that we need to survive.  Most of my new cards had 0% BT offers that I used.  I maxed those cards out to pay of the high interest cards.  At this point, saving money is more important than FICO score.  However, it is a cycle, FICO score is key to saving money.  Had I not found this forum and started taking the steps necessary to get the best FICO, I would not have been approved for the cards and who knows how we would have survived then.

I am not in any way advocating living off of credit cards.  I know that we are playing a very dangerous game.  I am trying to be smart about the situation.  When he starts bringing in money again we are going to have to focus on putting every little dime to paying off the cards.

I am thankful that he was not seriously hurt, I am thankful that the accident happened during his very slow months, I am thankful that I had the credit to use. 

Just imagine how high my FICO will be when we pay off all of these cards.

I don't want to scare anyone,  I am at less than 50% total util.  I have maxed out the good cards with the great 0% interest rate. 

jenna - what are your scores?

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, Niki9, that is raw! I send my hopes in your direction that everything calms and heals quickly! You'll get through this! You do what you must to survive, and yes, it will turn around for you!

To answer the score question, I was at EQ 580, EX 590, and TU 612, but that was before new TL's were posted. Once everything has hit the CRA's, then I'll get my new scores.

The issues: 1 repo (3 years old), 2 collections on each CRA, most recent 4/07, 1 COff on each(5 years old), Tax lien on EQ & TU (2001), zero current positive accounts. Almost all of these are in dispute due to inaccuracies, and I may rehab the chargeoff for the age (if I rehab, they'll have to remove their collection, which would eliminate most issues).

About to report: 1 revolving jewelry acct, 1 M/C, combined CL of 1800, less than 10% util.

I've got work to do!
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.