Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNC Account sell off

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

SYNC Account sell off

Any more news about any accounts that are being sold off from SYNC? I know of Dillard's to Wells Fargo. Has any one herd anything about Dillard's accounts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
daveg38
Established Contributor

Re: SYNC Account sell off

GE Capital (now Synchrony) is in a heap of trouble, which Synchrony is now paying dearly for.

You may want to read this to see if you're affected: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/newsroom/cfpb-orders-ge-capital-to-pay-225-million-in-consumer-relief...

Seems like alot of GE Capital complaints at the CFPB site are being closed with monetary relief (or at least some relief) so check into it.

In terms of the "Great Account Selloff", I've not heard of anything.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 2 of 3
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: SYNC Account sell off

@daveg38 wrote:

GE Capital (now Synchrony) is in a heap of trouble, which Synchrony is now paying dearly for.

You may want to read this to see if you're affected: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/newsroom/cfpb-orders-ge-capital-to-pay-225-million-in-consumer-relief...

Seems like alot of GE Capital complaints at the CFPB site are being closed with monetary relief (or at least some relief) so check into it.

In terms of the "Great Account Selloff", I've not heard of anything.

now we see why the credit card division was split off, to distance GE from the fallout and negative public opinion. The fines are painful, but nothing compared to the effect to GE as a whole if it was linked to this and it went viral. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.