cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNCH CLI FOR DUMMIES..A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE.

tag
Chilli
Established Contributor

Re: SYNCH CLI FOR DUMMIES..A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE.

Yes, I did include them in my BK but it wasn't much.,.I'd say less then $500 BUT that wasn't the issue I had with them. 

After my discharge, I had busted them for inaccurately reporting on my credit reports after my discharge. I had tried to amicably resolve the issue but some smart behind rep got nasty and that was all she wrote. I was forced to take it to the next level by filing a complaint with my state attorney, the BBB and the CFPB....I filed BK 2013 and this happened post in 2/2014.

Thats when their exec office got involved...after that no mulla for me. Smiley Surprised

I forgot what I had app'd for but I tried at least 3 times since my BK before I thru in the towel.

Message 21 of 93
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I will say this too, always YMMV, but I have had luck getting a family members lowes card a CLI, after I got 2 denials, I asked for a senior analyst.  This was for an account that sat at 5-7k for YEARS. No major changes in credit profile either. Increase to 14k.  Each time always requested 25k.

I also thought that the phone number was different for each one. Can u do multiple cards on one call lol.

YES, but I only do that if I have a rep that gave me approval on another one!

Sync seems to go in scales that change every couple months.

Like my Banana, TJMaxx, BP Gas, Chevron, etc. were all going up by 2x current limit $900, $1800, $3600 and then Oct. they just ALL started getting counter at $8k.

Lowes seems to go to $17k in chat pretty easily and then some are getting $25k and then in Oct. some started getting $35k

The new Stash Visa was going to $8k instantly and a few were going to $12k pretty easily.

I have found if you get denied by chat, you can try calling in same day and get different results... if you get no, wait 1 statement and do again!

Message 22 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting. DH went from 300 to 3500 on Walmart and 700 to 3500 on his Amazon store card.   Both today!

Message 23 of 93
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for posting. DH went from 300 to 3500 on Walmart and 700 to 3500 on his Amazon store card.   Both today!

2-3 months and they will go to $8k if you start asking!!

These are the weird sync steps I was talking about.

Message 24 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree, CA. Synchrony can be a little weird sometimes, but usually in a good way. Comenity has turned out to be like a viper who is acting friendly but you can't turn your back on him (sadly).

Message 25 of 93
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Chilli wrote:

Yes, I did include them in my BK but it wasn't much.,.I'd say less then $500 BUT that wasn't the issue I had with them. 

After my discharge, I had busted them for inaccurately reporting on my credit reports after my discharge. I had tried to amicably resolve the issue but some smart behind rep got nasty and that was all she wrote. I was forced to take it to the next level by filing a complaint with my state attorney, the BBB and the CFPB....I filed BK 2013 and this happened post in 2/2014.

Thats when their exec office got involved...after that no mulla for me. Smiley Surprised

I forgot what I had app'd for but I tried at least 3 times since my BK before I thru in the towel.

Well, you can understand their viewpoint!   Your history isn't going to make them think "This is a customer we MUST have..."

Message 26 of 93
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Chilli wrote:

Well, you can understand their viewpoint!   Your history isn't going to make them think "This is a customer we MUST have..."

I settled 6 Sync accounts and less than 2 years later I exceeded the $100k exposure!!

They aren't exactly a computer system that makes the most sense all the time!

Message 27 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

Do you find yourself frustrated that you have a Synch backed CC, and want your CL to move?? Too lazy too let your fingers do the walking, and "search" the forum for advice?  Well,  Dont fear!! CLI for DUMMIES is here!

1.  CALL CREDIT SOLUTIONS  (866) 519-6441/or (877) 379-8173 (preferred method), OR USE THE "CHAT"   FEATURE ON YOUR ONLINE ACCT 

2. ASK HIGH! THEY COUNTER BACK, AND ITS ALWAYS A SP (EXCEPT FOR CARE CREDIT-HP)

3. A GUIDE FOR ASKING:   GAS CARDS - $5K 

STORE CARDS (GAP, ON, JCP, AMAZON ETCC.) - $10k 

WALMART/SAMS - $10-$20K

LOWES - $25K-$35k

CARE CREDIT - $25K

4. REALIZE THAT EACH PERSONS OVERALL CREDIT PROFILE IS DIFFERENT, AND WHAT ONE PERSON GETS FOR A CLI, YOU MAY NOT. 

5.  IF DECLINED, NO BIG DEAL...CALL BACK IN A FEW MONTHS OR SO, OR IMPROVE YOUR PROFILE.... THEN REPEAT STEP 1.

YOU'RE WELCOME! Smiley Wink

Thanks Pizza1👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼  My only question, why didn't you write this months ago????😂😂😂. But really, very thoughtful and helpful, Kudos to you.

Message 28 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if this works for paypal smart connect too?
Message 29 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great guide, pizza!

Can someone comment on the Paypay Extra MC? I never got a counter with that. Either approve or deny Smiley Happy
Message 30 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.