cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNCH CLI FOR DUMMIES..A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE.

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: SYNCH CLI FOR DUMMIES..A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE.

@Anonymous wrote:
You can get immediate CLIs with Sync? Just activated my Marvel MC, been open for a month, 720s FICO short history. Would I see success by calling credit solutions following the method here? Smiley Surprised Aren't they being more careful with exposure recently...

I know this is an old thread, and the info Pizza offered is good, that said Sync has been acting like Comenity as of late, not sure I'd be poking the bear right now. MyFico boards are littered with post on Sync locking accounts and requesting tax information. I have 3 Sync backed cards which I use with good credit limits and would really hate to lose, but if they demanded tax return access, I'd tell them to kiss my grits and close any and all accounts they "suspend" - but I'd be bummed to lose the accounts. 

My guess is that this will blow over, it has with Comenity and then at that time go for it....Smiley Wink

Message 81 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
Why, if it's available it's available!
Because I'm young and do not feel comfortable having it that high. I don't need it and will get there soon enough with due time. I just want enough to make this my highest CL to leverage up my better cards in the future. Thanks!
Message 82 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
You can get immediate CLIs with Sync? Just activated my Marvel MC, been open for a month, 720s FICO short history. Would I see success by calling credit solutions following the method here? Smiley Surprised Aren't they being more careful with exposure recently...

I know this is an old thread, and the info Pizza offered is good, that said Sync has been acting like Comenity as of late, not sure I'd be poking the bear right now. MyFico boards are littered with post on Sync locking accounts and requesting tax information. I have 3 Sync backed cards which I use with good credit limits and would really hate to lose, but if they demanded tax return access, I'd tell them to kiss my grits and close any and all accounts they "suspend" - but I'd be bummed to lose the accounts. 

My guess is that this will blow over, it has with Comenity and then at that time go for it....Smiley Wink

That is what I had thought! Did not realize this thread is from Dec 2015 before the Sync slaughterfest. I actually checked my records and I requested an increase right after opening and the denial said "insufficient experience with current CL." I'll wait the 3-6 months then, will be using the card next month for food after Freedom rotates out. Good to know the strategy is to go really high and get countered!
Message 83 of 93
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you want$10k, no reason not to try now.
Sometimes they want history, many times they give some right away.
If I haven't gotten something right away, I did by month 1 or 2!
Message 84 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled the trigger, got $6k on an ask of $10k. Will be getting a letter explaining reasons, which I'm sure have to do with history. I'll take it for now! Will ask for more in the future. Thank you everyone!
Message 85 of 93
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yay!
Message 86 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally got in with Sync.  (Though now I can't remember why I wanted to so badly).  I got a preapproval offer in the mail from Walmart.  Sync has denied me before for my income being from my husband's employment in a community property state, but the walmart app did not ask for the source of my income this time.  I was instantly approved, but it did not say a starting limit.  Credit Karma showed it at $1200.  It arrived in the mail today, and I called the number in the OP. They raised the starting limit to $5,000 and said my TU is 695.  That's a success to me!  Thank you for this great thread, Pizza1.

I also posted a couple months ago about my husband's successful SP CLIs with Synchrony because of this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Wow-2-great-Sync-CLIs/m-p/4690065

Message 87 of 93
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is what I had thought! Did not realize this thread is from Dec 2015 before the Sync slaughterfest. I actually checked my records and I requested an increase right after opening and the denial said "insufficient experience with current CL." I'll wait the 3-6 months then, will be using the card next month for food after Freedom rotates out. Good to know the strategy is to go really high and get countered!

This is why it's usually discouraged to 'resurrect' an old thread unless there's a really good reason... at a glance it's easy to mistake it for a recent thread.

In any case, I'm glad to read in a later post that things worked out for you!  Smiley Happy

Message 88 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, is it still true that every 1-2 months we can try for SP CLI with CS again? I know the warnings about not poking the Synchrony bear now but I am nowhere near the kind of profile that is going to provoke any kind of AA and want to squeeze what I can out of my Marvel MC.
Message 89 of 93
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So, is it still true that every 1-2 months we can try for SP CLI with CS again? I know the warnings about not poking the Synchrony bear now but I am nowhere near the kind of profile that is going to provoke any kind of AA and want to squeeze what I can out of my Marvel MC.

yes

Message 90 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.