Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad Day..Comenity CLI HP confirmed!!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sad Day..Comenity CLI HP confirmed!!!

Decided to pull my 3-bureau reports, (I pay for them every few months), and I immediately went to inquires. You can imagine my dismay, shock, and utter disappointment when I saw Comenity HP'ed me 3 freaking times for a CLI, and kicked my A** out of the garden. I still sit here at my desk feeling like crap. When I did my CLI on those acts, I did it via auto lady, and NOT ONCE did she say, "we will need to check your credit report", as some have when I've done it this way. I immediately went and bought a current EX report, and sure enough....they are on there. 

Oh well... Looks like I lost at the Game of Comenity Russian Roulette this time. Looks like the clocks starts over for me again in the garden, (at least on EXP!!!!) grrrrrrr. I'm not too upset, we all knew this was coming and a possibility of a HP, so just be careful folks, you just never know when it could happen! 😒

On a brighter note though, my EX is now up to 683! Would probably have been a couple points higher if not for the current Comenity HP's

image.jpg

Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sad Day..Comenity CLI HP confirmed!!!

Oh no! So sorry this happened! Starting over seems to be a theme in the garden. I just did.Smiley HappyWelcome back.

Message 2 of 66
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Yikes. I requested Comenity CLI's as recently as yesterday and still have no hard pulls whatsoever on my reports.

More than enough credit.
Message 3 of 66
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@NichelleN wrote:

Yikes. I requested Comenity CLI's as recently as yesterday and still have no hard pulls whatsoever on my reports.

I didnt either...This is the FIRST TIME Ive received HP for a CLI on any store card backed by them.  I guess it could happen at any time!!

Message 4 of 66
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Maybe try to talk to a supervisor and see if they would make a one time exception to remove the HPs because they never included any language saying they would need to obtain a CR?

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 5 of 66
kdm31091
Super Contributor

This has been mentioned for awhile as happening to some people when they request CLIs. A CLI request gives the creditor permission to take a HP. I'm sure you know that.

I'm not sure a supervisor will be able to or can do anything about it. CLI was requested, ergo HP was permissible.

Comenity is probably tired of wasting paper sending denial letters to people who hit the button 5 times a week. Not necessarily you, but just saying.

Message 6 of 66
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:

Maybe try to talk to a supervisor and see if they would make a one time exception to remove the HPs because they never included any language saying they would need to obtain a CR?

Dont think it would work. I was credit seeking in the form of a CLI, so technically, they do have the right to pull my reports. I just lost this time, LOL

Message 7 of 66
elim
Senior Contributor

eh, just HP's...  You'll be OK as they will be gone soon enough.  Don't sweat the small stuff    :]

Message 8 of 66
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Probally so buut, I thought maybe they would because ive read a few posts where they have such as..

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Overstock-CLI-HARD-PULL/m-p/4200207#M1191719

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 9 of 66
NichelleN
Established Contributor

What's weird for me is when I received a letter from Comenity they referenced my credit score from May when I first opened the card. I always thought I would see soft pulls on my credit report, but instead saw nothing,

More than enough credit.
Message 10 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.