Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad Day..Comenity CLI HP confirmed!!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Sad Day..Comenity CLI HP confirmed!!!

@willwar14 wrote:

Probally so buut, I thought maybe they would because ive read a few posts where they have such as..

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Overstock-CLI-HARD-PULL/m-p/4200207#M1191719

I could always try, but then again, I was credit seeking in a CLI, so they could technically come back and say that, BUT.....one thing ive learned here is the art of RECON! So, I might call tomorrow just for the hell of it and see if I can get them removed as a "one time" customer favor, LOL...Ill keep everyone posted.  The worse they can say is no, and Im still stuck with them.  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 66
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Suprised they are experian vs. equifax... interesting..  Guess those are comenity Capital bank vs regular comenity cards?  Maybe that is why the different CB's?  Sucks to see for a 500$ or whatever CLI Smiley Sad

Keep those reports on ice when you request a CLI that way you either don't get it due to them HP'ing you and it wont fly or you might get it.. Just my 2 cents.  Not cheating the system, just making yourself safe from lenders or yourself!

Message 12 of 66
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Suprised they are experian vs. equifax... interesting..  Guess those are comenity Capital bank vs regular comenity cards?  Maybe that is why the different CB's?  Sucks to see for a 500$ or whatever CLI Smiley Sad

Keep those reports on ice when you request a CLI that way you either don't get it due to them HP'ing you and it wont fly or you might get it.. Just my 2 cents.  Not cheating the system, just making yourself safe from lenders or yourself!

nope..those are all just Comenity Bank, which very much surprised me as well. Usually if its Com Cap, its EX puller. I only have one Com Cap card, and thats Barneys, and out of all my cards I have with Comenity...Barneys is the only one id expect to see a HP for a CLI, and never have. 

Message 13 of 66
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Good idea!!  I dont know why I didnt think of that anyways... ugh!  Oh well.  I WAS doing really good in the garden though!!  Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I clicked the CLI button a couple of days ago and no HP. Can't be 100% sure yet, but all indications (no CCT nor CK alert after 2 days) point towards being SP.

With that said, I'm shocked Comenity HP you 3 times. Often a creditor will use a cached copy for subsequent requests, including Comenity. I applied for PayPal Credit 3 times (didn't intend to, but their site was glitchy and said my zipcode was invalid so I thought the app wasn't going through) and yet Comenity only pulled my EQ report once, though they sent me three separate denial letters for each application (1st saying they'd pulled, and 2nd and 3rd saying they relied on info already on-file).

They likely won't remove the HPs, but can recode them as SPs. Hopefully, they'll do that, but with Comenity anything is possible, including possibly getting another HP on recon Smiley Frustrated So it's likely best to avoid any discussion of credit limits, etc when calling about the HPs. On the other hand, you've already taken 3 hits, so risking a 4th may not be a big deal, at this point, for a chance of a large CLI boost.

Finally, for what it's worth, lots of HPs usually isn't a showstopper for one with a thick credit file with excellent history. After 10 or so HPs for each bureau (30+ combined), the impact of more HPs on credit scores is relatively little to none. Some creditors are HP sensitive, but if one's overall file is solid and has steady, high income, inquiries often won't matter; getting approved on recon.

Message 15 of 66
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I'd say it is cheaper for Comenity to mail a letter than hard pull a CR. Thanks for sharing pizza, I know it feels crappy but it will help the rest of us longterm.
Message 16 of 66
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

It seems as if it's just for certain cards. I haven't gotten a HP for my CLI's from NY & Co, Express, Victoria's Secret, or The Limited via the luv button. SP CLI''s every 2 months faithfully.
Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 17 of 66
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I'd say it is cheaper for Comenity to mail a letter than hard pull a CR. Thanks for sharing pizza, I know it feels crappy but it will help the rest of us longterm.

Thanks B....Thats why I posted it.  I didnt want too, but I did promise awhile back that if it ever happened to me, Id post so everyone knew that there was a potenital for a HP..

Message 18 of 66
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I clicked the CLI button a couple of days ago and no HP. Can't be 100% sure yet, but all indications (no CCT nor CK alert after 2 days) point towards being SP.

With that said, I'm shocked Comenity HP you 3 times. Often a creditor will use a cached copy for subsequent requests, including Comenity. I applied for PayPal Credit 3 times (didn't intend to, but their site was glitchy and said my zipcode was invalid so I thought the app wasn't going through) and yet Comenity only pulled my EQ report once, though they sent me three separate denial letters for each application (1st saying they'd pulled, and 2nd and 3rd saying they relied on info already on-file).

They likely won't remove the HPs, but can recode them as SPs. Hopefully, they'll do that, but with Comenity anything is possible, including possibly getting another HP on recon Smiley Frustrated So it's likely best to avoid any discussion of credit limits, etc when calling about the HPs. On the other hand, you've already taken 3 hits, so risking a 4th may not be a big deal, at this point, for a chance of a large CLI boost.

Finally, for what it's worth, lots of HPs usually isn't a showstopper for one with a thick credit file with excellent history. After 10 or so HPs for each bureau (30+ combined), the impact of more HPs on credit scores is relatively little to none. Some creditors are HP sensitive, but if one's overall file is solid and has steady, high income, inquiries often won't matter; getting approved on recon.

Ive been in the credit game for a loooonnnnggg time, I know how it works, and how recon works too. Ill ask for a recoding tomorrow, and see what happens. Also, at this point...ive got 61 inquires now on EX...so eh, its not really doing much Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 66
toi34
Established Contributor

On an aside....this confirms why I have not been able to get any CLI's from my Comenity cards for almost a year -- all of my reports have been frozen since January. I just assumed that Comenity put me on a 'no CLI list' or something, but now I know differently.

Sorry OP...

Message 20 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.