cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad to see all the Chase approvals:( lol!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sad to see all the Chase approvals:( lol!!

Ok, so I'm actually happy for everyone getting approved for these great cards. I'm sad because I have a recent BK7, and I have 3 Chase accts that were CO 6 yes agoSmiley Sad ....... I will never be able to have a Chase card again, because I've been blacklisted for probably foreverSmiley Sad. Which I could get back in with them someday, but doubtful. Saw one post where a guy burned Chase in his BK over 15 yrs ago, and he apped and was denied due to past derogatory relationship.... Jeeezzz, 15 yrs later they are still hanging on??? Oh well.... But seriously glad for everyone else!!!Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Sad to see all the Chase approvals:( lol!!

@pizza1 wrote:
Ok, so I'm actually happy for everyone getting approved for these great cards. I'm sad because I have a recent BK7, and I have 3 Chase accts that were CO 6 yes agoSmiley Sad ....... I will never be able to have a Chase card again, because I've been blacklisted for probably foreverSmiley Sad. Which I could get back in with them someday, but doubtful. Saw one post where a guy burned Chase in his BK over 15 yrs ago, and he apped and was denied due to past derogatory relationship.... Jeeezzz, 15 yrs later they are still hanging on??? Oh well.... But seriously glad for everyone else!!!Smiley Happy

Chase does forgive sometimes rare but we have seen it 

Keep the faith and moving forward 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

My Journey.... I actually have a better chance at getting back in with Amex, than I do Chase, lol!! 6 yrs ago was a bad time for me, let my 3 accts with Chase go to CO, and my Amex green card went to internal collections, but PIF to them. About 6 mo later Amex sent me an invitation approval to come back with the Optima card. Should have taken it, lol!! Now, can't get Amex for at least 10 yrs, when BK is off reports. I'm just glad I got in with NFCUSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Amex has shown luv if the bk is at least 8 yrs old. Don't give up, you'll get there again.
Message 4 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
My Journey.... I actually have a better chance at getting back in with Amex, than I do Chase, lol!! 6 yrs ago was a bad time for me, let my 3 accts with Chase go to CO, and my Amex green card went to internal collections, but PIF to them. About 6 mo later Amex sent me an invitation approval to come back with the Optima card. Should have taken it, lol!! Now, can't get Amex for at least 10 yrs, when BK is off reports. I'm just glad I got in with NFCUSmiley Happy

NFCU is a great lender.....Nice 

Don't lose hope tho Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks 09LexieSmiley Happy I'm not giving up. I have tons of goals written down, first being getting my reports cleared up and my scores up. Gardening my 2 unsecured cards and building post bk historySmiley Happy by the time 8 yrs rolls around, ill only have the bk showing, and everything post bk. Id like a Discover Card in 2 yrs, so I'm working towards that. They and Amex are the only ones I didn't burn in BK. I've never had a discover card or discover backed cardSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I wouldn't give up on Chase either.....there gave been success stories posted here; just takes time.
Message 7 of 15
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Hang in there!! 

Like others said,  time will heal the wound....I burned Chase when i was a freshman in college (98'), and had completely forgotten about it until i applied for the Chase Amazon back in June of this year. I called for recon and the rep asked me why i burned them so bad which i didn't even know i did!  But now i'm back w/ Chase again,  for me banking with them for the past 5+ years helped a ton.  Since the Amazon denial, i thought i was blacklisted, but to my surprise I got approved for the CSP (sept 13'), followed by Hyatt (oct 1).   Don't give up, let time heal the wound w/ Chase!!!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 8 of 15
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

I'm living proof that Chase will give a second chance.  I was able to get a car loan and CC 7 years post BK.  I had balances with them well into 5 figures.       

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 9 of 15
lithium78
Established Contributor

Chase never forgave me for a paid charge-off from over a decade ago, so I just moved on.  Now I have put tens of thousands of dollars through BoA instead after rebuilding my credit.  Sorry, Chase.  You missed the boat.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.