cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad to see all the Chase approvals:( lol!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Sad to see all the Chase approvals:( lol!!

Thanks 09 LexieSmiley Happy

Yudeology101 .....love hearing stories like that!!! It might be awhile for me though, lol!!

Vistorboy1974..... Omg! That's awesome!!! Happy for that you got back in!! I burned them for roughly 9k.... Ouch!!!! So might be 30 yrs for me, lol!!!!!Smiley Happy

Lithium78.....that's what I'm afraid of!!! I wonder what makes some people get back in and others not?! Your case, you made amends and paid them back and they still didn't want you! Others burned them badddddd and are in like gold right now!!! Regardless... I'm looking at a minimum of 8 - 15 yrs before I can even try againSmiley Sad I'm ok with that. It is what it is and I have to face the consequences

Thank everyone for commenting!!! Love to see the approvals thoughSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 15
Justine_Alpha
Valued Member

2k c/o and I paid it. 6years later still a nope. I don't blame them for the blacklist. Just means I need to look at others like amex.

Message 12 of 15
sjt
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Ok, so I'm actually happy for everyone getting approved for these great cards. I'm sad because I have a recent BK7, and I have 3 Chase accts that were CO 6 yes agoSmiley Sad ....... I will never be able to have a Chase card again, because I've been blacklisted for probably foreverSmiley Sad. Which I could get back in with them someday, but doubtful. Saw one post where a guy burned Chase in his BK over 15 yrs ago, and he apped and was denied due to past derogatory relationship.... Jeeezzz, 15 yrs later they are still hanging on??? Oh well.... But seriously glad for everyone else!!!Smiley Happy

I dont think the Chase door is shut completely for you or anyone else.

My theory is that Chase, and others, are pragmatic about their approval criteria. The Chase CO is a big negative but it can be counter balanced with other factors like income, established credit, and if you have banking relationship with them.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 13 of 15
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

I'm about a month past 4 years since CH 7 discharge, Chase was included in the filing for a large account ($12,000ish), and I was approved for the Chase Amazon Visa.
Message 14 of 15
sjt
Senior Contributor

@bostonte wrote:
I'm about a month past 4 years since CH 7 discharge, Chase was included in the filing for a large account ($12,000ish), and I was approved for the Chase Amazon Visa.

Congrats on the Chase approval and thanks for sharing this information.

What was your credit profile like when you applied for the Chase Amazon Visa Card and what was the C/L they gave you?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.