Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saks and Macy's old credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Saks and Macy's old credit cards

I had accounts with Macy's and Saks that I cancelled in 2002 and 2004.  I called Saks and they have no record of me ever existing.  Macy's had all of my information, however, they told me I would have to open a new account.  Both of the accounts are still listed on my credit reports as closed by consumer.

Is there anyway to get around the system and have the cards dated back to the original years I opened the cards.

Thanks in advance for any answers---TheTaxMan

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Saks and Macy's old credit cards

HSBC took over handling Saks accounts from Saks, Inc. (according to my credit reports) in April 2003.  Maybe that's why they have no record of your account.

Last year, a forum member successfully reopened her closed Saks account, and was able to keep her original account's opening date.  You can read about her experiences here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=19308

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=28745

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much

I will see what happens and keep you posted.  This forum is a great place!

TheTaxMan

Message 3 of 4
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Re: Thank you very much

You may have some luck with the Saks card, but the Macy's and Bloomingdale's cards are only eligible for new accounts after three years of inactivity.  It's done less as to be a pain and mores as to provide returning customers an opportunity for a discount on re-opening.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.