Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Contributor

Saks and Macy's old credit cards

I had accounts with Macy's and Saks that I cancelled in 2002 and 2004.  I called Saks and they have no record of me ever existing.  Macy's had all of my information, however, they told me I would have to open a new account.  Both of the accounts are still listed on my credit reports as closed by consumer.

Is there anyway to get around the system and have the cards dated back to the original years I opened the cards.

Thanks in advance for any answers---TheTaxMan

Use your credit wisely during these rough economic times!!!
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Saks and Macy's old credit cards

HSBC took over handling Saks accounts from Saks, Inc. (according to my credit reports) in April 2003.  Maybe that's why they have no record of your account.

Last year, a forum member successfully reopened her closed Saks account, and was able to keep her original account's opening date.  You can read about her experiences here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=19308

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=28745

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Contributor

Thank you very much

I will see what happens and keep you posted.  This forum is a great place!

TheTaxMan

Use your credit wisely during these rough economic times!!!
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Thank you very much

You may have some luck with the Saks card, but the Macy's and Bloomingdale's cards are only eligible for new accounts after three years of inactivity.  It's done less as to be a pain and mores as to provide returning customers an opportunity for a discount on re-opening.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.