Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae APR reduction!!

tag
premo421
Valued Member

Sallie Mae APR reduction!!

Well I have been home from work for the past two days with an upper respiratory infection. So with really nothing to do I figured I'll call up Barclay for an APR reduction (being that all my other cards are still in 0% promos) my initial apr was 20.99. I asked if I qualify for a  reduction and they said yes and reduced it to 16.99. Sweet!! Barclay has been nothing but good to me .. First a cli at 6 months from 4k to 9k now the reduction.. They really must like my business 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae APR reduction!!

Congrats! Gotta love how easy it is to call and ask

Message 2 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats I call them monthly on the APR reduction.. Haven't gotten one yet, but gotten a SP CLI...  

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! 

Message 4 of 10
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Congrats!
AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's very nice! Congratulations!!!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your CLI increase and APR reduction!!! Feel better!!!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 8 of 10
JamP
Valued Contributor

How long did you guys have the card before asking for a sp cli and apr reduction?

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 9 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@JamP wrote:

How long did you guys have the card before asking for a sp cli and apr reduction?

Day I got my card for the SP CLI.... granted I had they rewards MC for 7 months prior and moved the limit then asked at the same time, so probably had it on the rewards MC..

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.