Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae/Barclay recon/reapp

tag
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

Sallie Mae/Barclay recon/reapp

Two quick questions. 

With recons does Barclay do another HP for this card? Was denied for debt to income ratio too high, but there was a mortgage on my report that actually belongs to my father. I just had it removed and obviously they will need to look at updated report, but can they do that with a SP or will it definetly be a hard.

What is the minimum(if there is) time between applications for this card. After denial can I apply again in 30 days? More less?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae/Barclay recon/reapp

@VirusCredit13 wrote:

Two quick questions. 

With recons does Barclay do another HP for this card? Was denied for debt to income ratio too high, but there was a mortgage on my report that actually belongs to my father. I just had it removed and obviously they will need to look at updated report, but can they do that with a SP or will it definetly be a hard.

What is the minimum(if there is) time between applications for this card. After denial can I apply again in 30 days? More less?

Thanks!

With that being the reason i would just wait. A recon may not help at all.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 11
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@VirusCredit13 wrote:

Two quick questions. 

Thanks!

Please read the rest of the sentence. 

$650 in monthly payments is a lot different than $4200 in monthly payments, and there no longer is a $350k mortage worth of debt on there.

Message 3 of 11
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Call Barclays and ASK.  The worst they'll tell you is that they'll have to do another HP...with a little luck, maybe just a SP.

Call them and find out!  Good luck!

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 11
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@VirusCredit13 wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@VirusCredit13 wrote:

Two quick questions. 

Thanks!

Please read the rest of the sentence. 

$650 in monthly payments is a lot different than $4200 in monthly payments, and there no longer is a $350k mortage worth of debt on there.

Sorry my bad, Just wait for your report to update then Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 5 of 11
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

So after 30+ days had gone by I reapplied with the updated corrected credit score, but got the 7-10 message, and when I got my letter they said too many recent applications. Said a credit bureau report was not used in making this determination.

How long do you need to wait between applications, 30 days doesn't seem to be enough, and they say too many, but this was only my 2nd app for the card, so it just basically saying waiting longer to apply. Should I try 3 months next time? 6months? 1 month didn't cut it.

Message 6 of 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

90 days
Message 7 of 11
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

I tried for the Sallie Mae card not long ago and when I called recon they did another hard pull without saying anything. I found out a few days later when I got the denial letter in the mail that they pulled TU. Again. I didn't think to ask because I didn't expect they would do that. Now I know to ask!
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 8 of 11
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
90 days

Thanks, should I take it 90 days from the late April application, or from the recent Early June application? i.e. does the application that they didn't even look at credit report actually count as an application in their "recent" timeline.

Message 9 of 11
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@VirusCredit13 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
90 days

Thanks, should I take it 90 days from the late April application, or from the recent Early June application? i.e. does the application that they didn't even look at credit report actually count as an application in their "recent" timeline.

You can see the date of your last application by checking here:  Application status

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.