Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae CC Points Redemption?

tag
midwestgirl44
Contributor

Sallie Mae CC Points Redemption?

Anyone know the minimum number of points required for redeption through Barclay, specifically for the Salle Mae CC? 

I really am not the mood to speak to anyone on the phone....I work on the phone constantly. So I used their secure email and they asked me to call. Ugh! 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae CC Points Redemption?

2500 points Smiley Happy I believe its listed on the website
Message 2 of 13
midwestgirl44
Contributor

Thank you! I couldn't find it for the life of me lol.
Message 3 of 13
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah, I believe it's $25, but not 100% sure.

Agree, they have been pretty annoying with asking to call. I asked them a question via SM that I felt was a simple question, and they completely ignored the question and sent a canned response saying "For assistance please call". If there's a secure message center, what's the point of it it you're just going to tell me to call?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem! Smiley Very Happy

kkdm I dont even bother using the SM method with Barclay. Once was enough. Lucky I havent needed to contact them much
Message 5 of 13
andre181
Established Contributor

If you're doing a statement credit, there is no minimum. I redeem mine every month.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 1750 points right now. Account wont allow a redemption option until I reach 2500. If I attempt to do so I get this msg >>>> Error. This is below the minimum required amount. Please try again.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@andre181 wrote:

If you're doing a statement credit, there is no minimum. I redeem mine every month.

You must tell me how you're doing this.

Message 8 of 13
midwestgirl44
Contributor

I use mine strictly toward my student loans so idk. Maybe that's the difference?
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@midwestgirl44 wrote:
I use mine strictly toward my student loans so idk. Maybe that's the difference?

We considered doing this for the wife's student loans. Does it reduce your actual monthly payment by that amount for the month, or is it just a bonus amount?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.