Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae CLI?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae CLI?

If it does it does. Not the end of the world and cant do anything about it. If cash+ drops fast food ill just be using my Double Cash more often. 2 percent back on every purchase is better than nothing.
Message 21 of 36
kdm31091
Super Contributor

But see, you cant really say "x card is more likely to be nerfed than y" because you have no further proof than anyone else. Sallie may be nerfed someday. Maybe it never will, but most cards are altered over time sooner or later. 

Honestly Im tired of spreading my spend around on so many cards anyway. My spend just isnt high enough for it to get me much. So I am concentrating most of my spend on just a couple cards.

Message 22 of 36
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:
If it does it does. Not the end of the world and cant do anything about it. If cash+ drops fast food ill just be using my Double Cash more often. 2 percent back on every purchase is better than nothing.

With that said 2% Visa/MC has never lasted either just the Fid Amex..  My point being is not to speculate.  Yes we know you don't have the SM anymore and you think/want the 5% amazon to go away, this point has been made in many posts.  

Message 23 of 36
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I dont want anything to go away. I really dont care if it does or doesn't. You're right double cash likely wont last either but then ill go back to my QS, again not the end of the world. This is a rebate given to me, not something im entitled to so if it goes away so be it. Cant stress about it  

If we are never going to speculate that would eliminate about 80 percent of the posts on the forum! But I take your point.

Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wondering if the differences in Amazon coding may have to do with whether the item was purchased from Amazon or a third party seller listing on Amazon?

Message 25 of 36
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm wondering if the differences in Amazon coding may have to do with whether the item was purchased from Amazon or a third party seller listing on Amazon?

If it is fullfilled by amazon which alot of my items are then no difference for me.. I have ordered TV and electronics and games and wallets, etc.. always 5%.. Sure there are some cases for being coded differently, although never been hit by it myself.

Message 26 of 36
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Third party and sold by Amazon, Bill the same way (code is the same).  But my codes are starting to say merchandise, not anywhere bookstores (could be a discover thing).

Signature needs updating
Message 27 of 36
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Third party and sold by Amazon, Bill the same way (code is the same).  But my codes are starting to say merchandise, not anywhere bookstores (could be a discover thing).

All card networks, according to this source, use the same MCC defined by the IRS (in the US). Although Mastercard is th only network with additional categories (and Sallie Mae is a Mastercard), bookstore isn't from those additional categories. So if the codes are changing with Discover, the change should permeate through other networks as well.

Message 28 of 36
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Sure hope this doesn't change, but if it does it does..  Life will go on and a new card will replace my Amazon purchases.. Granted Amazon isnt that great anymore since they charge tax in my state (sigh) so Best Buy will match Amazon prices and since I am paying taxes then what do I really save other then the 5%?  Meh shall see..  This is a wallet I purchased this month full-filled by amazon through another vendor.  So no taxSmiley Happy.. Granted you get what you pay for aka 10 wallet ended up in the SD incase my other wallet dies as it was made out to be the next best thing to sliced bread and far from it (cheaply made and crappy leather, anyways off track here).

wallet.JPG

Message 29 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@yfan wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

All card networks, according to this source, use the same MCC defined by the IRS (in the US). Although Mastercard is th only network with additional categories (and Sallie Mae is a Mastercard), bookstore isn't from those additional categories. So if the codes are changing with Discover, the change should permeate through other networks as well.

Assuming that there isn't a specific MCC called Merchandise, this is just the issuers way of describing the purchase.  My most recent purchases on the Citi Forward all show Book Store for Amazon.

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.