Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Cash Back Visa CC

tag
poops
Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae Cash Back Visa CC

@cableguy123 wrote:

I have the 5% card got it back in dec they pulled tu my score was 700ish got 7500 at 11.99% intrest free for a year and 100 cash back after spending 500 and yes they did grill me on the phone. you have to call no matter what they do not instant approval on the website.. btw the 5% card is no more they might have targeted offers but it used to be open to anyone now i think the 3% is their new card anyone can apply for!

My score is in the same range. If you don't mind my asking, what was your income when you applied?

Message 11 of 19
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know why Sallie Mae took down the webpage for their credit cards? I can't seem to find any direct link on their home page to descriptions of credit products/applications. Even googling "Sallie Mae Visa" doesn't come up with anything direct, just a bunch of links to applications from 3rd party sites that are mostly defunct.

Message 13 of 19
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Don't do it! They just want more of your money. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 14 of 19
learnin113
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@poops wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this a targeted offer? I can't find much info online.

Yeah. It's a targeted offer from Sallie Mae Bank. Probably extended 'only' to current Sallie Mae customers... That's my guess.

Interesting...I owe Sallie Mae up the kazoo and have never received a credit offer from them. Either possibly b/c I opted out or b/c I am way too poor in their eyes Smiley Very Happy

Ditto!  More the latter for me... Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 19
teenastie
Established Contributor

Does the Cash back earned go directly towards your student loan payments? Statement Credit? Actual Check?

Message 16 of 19
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

the redemption is a check or statement credit, my income was $45k

amazon
Message 17 of 19
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Lowest I've seen is one $4k but the vast majority is $7k+ but will vary on income and credit obviously.

Message 18 of 19
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@poops wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this a targeted offer? I can't find much info online.

Yeah. It's a targeted offer from Sallie Mae Bank. Probably extended 'only' to current Sallie Mae customers... That's my guess.

I have the 2% card, and asked about the cards not being online last week. The rep said that you can call in to apply for both cards -- she gave me the number but I didn't need it.

I assume that the offers are available to all new accounts.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.