Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Credit Card

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae Credit Card

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have no idea why people are so caught up in the looks of a card.  I'm all about the benefits.  I think Sallie Mae is the best non annual fee card in the game. 

I agree that benefits are all that matters.   But which the "best" very much depends on your spend and goals.   

Exactly. Perhaps your goals are to pay for entertainment on a Saturday night, then clearly the Saturday Night Live MasterCard rules!

https://d.comenity.net/snlcard/public/benefits/Benefits.xhtml

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 91 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have no idea why people are so caught up in the looks of a card.  I'm all about the benefits.  I think Sallie Mae is the best non annual fee card in the game. 

I agree that benefits are all that matters.   But which the "best" very much depends on your spend and goals.   

Exactly. Perhaps your goals are to pay for entertainment on a Saturday night, then clearly the Saturday Night Live MasterCard rules!

https://d.comenity.net/snlcard/public/benefits/Benefits.xhtml

But what are the points worth? 1cpp at least?

Message 92 of 100
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To each their own my friend.  It's my most used card. 

Freedom not having two gas quarters this year sucks though. 

At least the New Mexico Educators Cash Rewards card still has 5% on Gas Stations for 2 quarters.

Total $443,800
Message 93 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To each their own my friend.  It's my most used card. 

Freedom not having two gas quarters this year sucks though. 

At least the New Mexico Educators Cash Rewards card still has 5% on Gas Stations for 2 quarters.

I may try for this one when my EX looks a little less inquiry heavy and I am able to consolidate some of my Chase CC's.

Message 94 of 100
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, since this thread has taken quite a few turns, I want to take it on another...

This may be a silly question, but if you have two Sallie Mae cards in your name, do you have two seperate rewards accounts? Or do they share the same? If my spouse applies for the card, he will have a seperate rewards account, even if I am an AU, correct?

Also, do you all see Barclay's retiring this card, or changing the rewards any time soon?

I just applied and was approved today. I just don't know if two cards is necessary. I have a DiscoverIt for backup gas for 6 months of the year, and the BCE for backup groceries (it was my main but is being demoted).

That is correct. And at 5% cash back, you very quickly reach $25 on each of the cards. You don't hear people using 1% cash back cards complaining about how long it takes to reach $5, now do you? ...

Total $443,800
Message 95 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok man who can spill the beans.  How did you go about getting two and how likely is it I could do the same?  Did you just get lucky or do you think I have a chance.  excellent credit FWIW. 

Message 96 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok man who can spill the beans.  How did you go about getting two and how likely is it I could do the same?  Did you just get lucky or do you think I have a chance.  excellent credit FWIW. 

Easiest way seems to be getting two instant approvals within months of each other.

I may be able to finagle a second one later this year if I play my cards right...But I think I may go for the Ring instead.

Message 97 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TRC_WA wrote:

@bada_bing wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Hot blonde != Seattle. Just saying. Kind of mutually exclusive.

Pale blonde == Seattle.

Living part time in Seattle and part time in Tucson, I concur. Especially this time of year.

It's not so bad.  Beats the 35 years I lived in south GA where I dealt with god awful heat AND humidity for 6 months of the year...  the bugs made it even worse.  I've been here almost 4 years now and really enjoy the mild climate.  Sure it's gray in the winter but if I needed sun every day I'd have moved to California.

Regarding the hot blonde from last night, she was impressed with my blue sparkly Sallie Mae... told me it was quite the good looking credit card.  Smiley Wink

Sure she was referring to the card? Smiley Happy

Message 98 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nixon

Haha. Well, My mini wallet goes on my nightstand along with keys, pack of trident, phone, and a water bottle.

Where is the jewelry ... looks like a good hit Smiley Wink

Message 99 of 100
ddemari
Super Contributor

I got this card a while back with a 660 tu fico and 11 inquires
Message 100 of 100
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.