Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Future card

tag
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

Sallie Mae Future card

So in thinking of going for the SM next prob 6 months. What kind of a limit can i expect with a 36k income? Id like to get this card for the Amazon 5% as well as gas when it is not a 5% cat on discover. How is redeming the CB if i dont have a student loan?

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae Future card

@twist7d7 wrote:

So in thinking of going for the SM next prob 6 months. What kind of a limit can i expect with a 36k income? Id like to get this card for the Amazon 5% as well as gas when it is not a 5% cat on discover. How is redeming the CB if i dont have a student loan?

Once you have at least 2500 points, you can redeem for $25 or more as a statement credit.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 2 of 8
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@twist7d7 wrote:

Once you have at least 2500 points, you can redeem for $25 or more as a statement credit.

I see that you have US bank and sallie Mae. Which card was harder to get? Id like to get both and i know that they both dont like inqs. i think i have 7 on TU

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Message 3 of 8
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

@twist7d7 wrote:

same income and I was given $3800.  But I app for new cards prob every 3 months which may be why it is a little lower.

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience was a CL of $3,300 and then I reconned it to $10K. The card was originally set up for college students. Since you have a US Bank Cash+ VS which is one of the hardest cards to obtain, you may find the Sallie Mae MC easier. No one can guarantee approvals. Strange things can deny but Barclays is very fair on reconned denials.
Message 5 of 8
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My experience was a CL of $3,300 and then I reconned it to $10K. The card was originally set up for college students. Since you have a US Bank Cash+ VS which is one of the hardest cards to obtain, you may find the Sallie Mae MC easier. No one can guarantee approvals. Strange things can deny but Barclays is very fair on reconned denials.

I dont have that card yet. its on my list of cards to get. What CR does usbank pull and how would they be with 7-8 inqs?? also when i apply i will have 3 accounts that are 6 months old.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

twist7d7 - Oops... did not catch that the US Bank Cash+ VS was a future card. As to your actual credit background, will need to bump to other posters.
Message 7 of 8
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

cards.png

In my case, US Bank pulls EQ if I apply in the bank, and pulls TU if I ask for CLI online or via telephone (I assume those get routed to Elan in Fargo).

I started with a US Bank secured, and waited a full year, so I had a good credit score and no other cards or inquiries to hold me back. So I got very good starting credit limits.

When I applied for Barclays (priceline, sallie mae and sallie mae) I got low limits probably because of all the recent credit cards, though the last card I waited 6 months since the previous Barclay card and had only one other card obtained 4.5 months earlier, and had lots of heavy usage of Barclay cards, That resulted in a $10,000 initial limit on my 3rd card. Barclays always pulls TU, except the last time when I tried for 2 barclay cards atthe same time, and they pulled EQ a couple weeks later (and still denied me a second (well, fourth) card even though that EQ pull was a 749).

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.