Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae MC

tag
olderwiser3
Established Member

Sallie Mae MC

Anyone else have the Sallie Mae MC through Barclay?  Just got approved for this after reconning.  Pretty excited since it's my first card to help rebuild after finishing DMP.  At the moment I just have this card (when it arrives) and my Sallie Mae student loan.  So a pretty thin report despite an otherwise good score and lengthy history.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae MC

@olderwiser3 wrote:

Anyone else have the Sallie Mae MC through Barclay?  Just got approved for this after reconning.  Pretty excited since it's my first card to help rebuild after finishing DMP.  At the moment I just have this card (when it arrives) and my Sallie Mae student loan.  So a pretty thin report despite an otherwise good score and lengthy history.

What's your score like? I would like to app for this card but I've been denied by Barclay before and it's making me hesitant to try for that one. Is this a student card?

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 2 of 9
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@jennylocha wrote:

@olderwiser3 wrote:

What's your score like? I would like to app for this card but I've been denied by Barclay before and it's making me hesitant to try for that one. Is this a student card?

Never mind I just saw your signature. Lol! 

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 3 of 9
olderwiser3
Established Member

I was probably editing my sig when you posted that.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
desie25
Valued Member

Was that the Upromise card?

Starting Score: 522
Current Score: 625
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 9
olderwiser3
Established Member

Nope, it was the Sallie Mae Rewards World Mastercard.  I had looked into that one too, but I liked the rewards structure a little bit better based upon my shopping habits.

Message 6 of 9
desie25
Valued Member

I tried to find that one and was not able to did you call barclay directly or was there a website for the sallie mae one?

Message 7 of 9
desie25
Valued Member

I found it thanks

Message 8 of 9
olderwiser3
Established Member

Glad you found it.  As you can see for the right shopping habits, the upromise card is definitely better.  If you spend a lot online, buy mobile/exxon gas or go to restaurants/movies a lot then that's the one for you.  For me, I like the groceries benefit and the non-brand specific gas reward since I never go to mobile/exxon.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.