Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Quarterly Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae Quarterly Offer

sallie mae quarterly offer.png

So I just received this quarterly offer on my Sallie Mae from Barclays. Has anyone else seen this offer?

To be fair, it's not exactly the most useful quarterly offer in the world as I already get 3% at restaurants with my AARP and I virtually never go to movie theaters or shop at department stores, but it is nice to see Barclays doing things like this for their customers. Still, I'll use it as my restaurant card for the next three months so that (hopefully) they keep sending me these quarterly offers. This is my second quarter in a row receiving a quarterly bonus offer, and I did put a surprising amount of travel spending on it this quarter so maybe that's why I got this one for next quarter.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae Quarterly Offer

Had this offer last year but instead of department stores I had electronic stores. Never took advantage of it bc other cards were a better option but its nice they do this from time to time.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received something similar today for my AAviator.  2 extra miles for same time period for restaurants, utiities and movie theaters.  Maxes out at 2500 miles which isnt that great.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received this same offer. I agree, it's not very useful. But it is nice to see a change up in the rewards. Which actually I'm suprised to see as the card already gives some really nice rewards already.

@Anonymous wrote:

This is my second quarter in a row receiving a quarterly bonus offer, and I did put a surprising amount of travel spending on it this quarter so maybe that's why I got this one for next quarter.

What were the bonuses last quarter? Personally, I've spent LESS on this card over the last couple of months than usual. 

Message 4 of 13
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I got this tonight on one Sallie Mae, but not the other

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 13
Kidcat
Established Contributor

I received it today too.  I already have restaurants on Cash+.  I haven't been using SM as much lately (hybrid car) so perhaps that prompted the offer?

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 6 of 13
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I got this offer too.  After nearly two years with this card, this is my first ever bonus offer from them and it couldn't have come at a worse time.  I just got approved for the AARP card and I will need to put most of my restaurant and gas spend on that so I can get the sign-up bonus in the next few months.  Oh well, I'm glad that I'm at least on their radar.

Message 7 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I got an email from them about something related to an offer, but didn't actually read it. I thought it was a blanket email to cardholders, so i deleted it into trash, then deleted my trash, lol...
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it on Arrival, but not Sallie Mae.

*Mine's for groceries, movies, and utilities.

Message 9 of 13
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

I received this bonus offer yesterday.  This is the 3rd quarterly offer that I've received from Barclays in a row, so I'm pretty happy about that.  I agree that it's not the most exciting offer in the world, but I will be able to make use of the restaurant bonus portion.  I can't get an AARP card because I'm apparently blacklisted by Chase!  That's fine though because my dining spend isn't so significant where I can really justify a dedicated restaurant card anyway.

I also think this is a pleasant surprise considering that there was so much speculation regarding a possible nerfing of the Sallie Mae card.  I'm very happy with Barclays and I'll take a bonus offer over an APR reduction or CLI any day. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.