Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae WMC Promotion!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae WMC Promotion!

@kdm31091 wrote:

Yeah, the reason I don't get more excited is I buy most of my groceries at either Target (where I have the debit Redcard) or BJ's (where I have their Mastercard), so I don't tend to use the Sallie much for that. My commute is luckily pretty short now, so gas doesn't add up very quickly for me haha. And I don't spend too much on Amazon. So unfortunately, I don't get as much use out of it as most people do.

But yeah -- if you're using the 5% categories constantly -- this is a pretty good offer!

So load your redcard with SM.

Problem solved.

Message 31 of 45
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
If I had the card, which is planned for the future, would be a bit difficult, since it doesn't pay to put my rent on it, and I really want to separate business spend from personal. We shall see. Like the offers Nowhereman gets.

Themanwhocan? Lol.

Don't offend him. He'll flood you with charts and graphs.

LOL.  I am a bit ill, trying to get well for next weeks trip.  Ergo a little tired.  Thought that was his name.  Like his charts anyway.  But he does tend to be a cash back guy. Smiley Tongue

Signature needs updating
Message 32 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Themanwhocant.

Lol. Smiley Tongue

Message 33 of 45
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
If I had the card, which is planned for the future, would be a bit difficult, since it doesn't pay to put my rent on it, and I really want to separate business spend from personal. We shall see. Like the offers Nowhereman gets.

Themanwhocan? Lol.

Don't offend him. He'll flood you with charts and graphs.

LOL.  I am a bit ill, trying to get well for next weeks trip.  Ergo a little tired.  Thought that was his name.  Like his charts anyway.  But he does tend to be a cash back guy. Smiley Tongue

Ah, nowhereman created a channel for the roku, never knew about the TV show.  Was great for watching podcasts for cnbc when cut cable.

Signature needs updating
Message 34 of 45
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

Apparently it's time for me to start a "Barclays Bank hates me thread." Lol.  Just kidding!  I never get any of these offers though.  Very cool for those of you who got this, but I'd prefer the other offer I've heard about.......where they bump up the cash back rate from 5% to 7% for a limited time.......IIRC.

Message 35 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reminding me to try my SM at my Target on something small to see how it codes. I guess I should try separately with the BCP too.

Message 36 of 45
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Question for those who've received this offer:

Is your Sallie Mae a Platinum version or a World version???  It seems like these bonus spend offers are only sent to the Platinum members.

Smiley Sad

Message 37 of 45
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for reminding me to try my SM at my Target on something small to see how it codes. I guess I should try separately with the BCP too.

Amex lists the department stores in T&C's for that category.  Target is not a department store, just a heads up.

Signature needs updating
Message 38 of 45
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

Is your Sallie Mae a Platinum version or a World version???  It seems like these bonus spend offers are only sent to the Platinum members.

Smiley Sad

Some of the folks in this thread that received the offers, I know are WMC.  I don't think they offer a platinum version, unless you recon 20 times.  They like issuing WMC no matter the limit, since swipe fees are higher.

Signature needs updating
Message 39 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@celluloid17 wrote:

Smiley Sad

World Version.

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.