Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae and a BK?

tag
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

Sallie Mae and a BK?

Hello everyone, 

Need a little input. As you may already know, I filed CH7 back in 2010. I'm currently looking to add a Sallie Mae cc into the mix and will probably be my last cc until my BK falls off in a couple years. Stats are:  AAoA is 8 years, util under 15%, 3 inquiries on TU. Couple baddies on report that will drop off at the end of 2015.

Here's the question... Do I apply right now? Or should I wait until baddies fall off next year to get the most favorable terms and maybe a higher CL? Thanks for the help

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae and a BK?

by the looks of your other cards, you are good for a nice limit instant approval.

It's Barclay, they are not afraid of baddies, especially older ones.

Message 2 of 3
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae and a BK?

Mine was an instant approval a couple weeks ago, BK7 from 2011.  Card is awesome and the 0% interest for a year makes it even more awesome! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.