Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae card discontinued?

tag
NewSurrender
Contributor

Sallie Mae card discontinued?

I can't find a link for the Sallie Mae card anywhere, for neither the 2% card and the 5% on gas/groceries/books.

Does anyone know why? Is either card still being offered?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae card discontinued?

Dead apps are dead.  The 2% was a while ago and the 5% must be recent.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 10
NewSurrender
Contributor

Nobody knows?

Message 3 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The sallie mae card is gone I think, however, there is a uPromise Credit Card out there. Maybe that might be some interest to you. 

Edit: Re-read that website, this is the new sallie mae card I think. it says "By Sallie Mae" on it Smiley Very Happy 

Message 4 of 10
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

just got a letter in the mail yesterday saying they are making all sallie mae visas into mastercards and barclays is taking it over.. you are getting point and not cash bacj anymore example you get 5 points at a gas pump but it was capped at 500 now they cut that in half 250 now!

Message 5 of 10
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@cableguy123 wrote:

just got a letter in the mail yesterday saying they are making all sallie mae visas into mastercards and barclays is taking it over.. you are getting point and not cash bacj anymore example you get 5 points at a gas pump but it was capped at 500 now they cut that in half 250 now!

I've heard that as well. Barclays is taking over the UPromise and changing the entire rewards structure, from what i hear its not for the good either

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 10
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

nope your right... i was getting about 40 back a month somtimes more!

Message 7 of 10
NewSurrender
Contributor

Well that's a shame this is discontinued, as a college student, this card was PERFECT for me.

Message 8 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Yeah the new barclays upromise isn't that great.

Almost all of the rewards need to be upromise affiliates. If you shop on upromise.com regularly, it would probably be a great card for you, but otherwise not so much. 

Message 9 of 10
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

i have the 2% card got it back in march and they just sent me a letter too changing it to a mastercard and the rewards program to 5% gas and groceries capped at $250 each one per month and $750 for books capped each month, they also arent offering sending you checks anymore its either a statement credit or put towards a sallie mae loan payment. i didnt think it was that bad since i dont spend more than that a month in those categories anyways so it works for me $25 back every month on those together.

amazon
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.