Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae is SLOW!

tag
Bman70
Established Contributor

Sallie Mae is SLOW!

Got an email "Your card has shipped," 9 days after being approved. And at approval, it said "Your card should arrive in 7-10 days." Hoping the email was generated automatically a few days after shipping! Otherwise it's really pushing the 7-10 days idea (and it didn't say "business days"). 

And I've had my Amex for 3 days now and it was approved after Sallie Mae. Cat Mad I can't put off buying gas that much longer! lol

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
xsvspd
Regular Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae is SLOW!

My Sallie Mae was one of the last to arrive from my last app spree. I got my CSP before I got Sallie Mae.

Hover over card to see limits

Starting score 3/2013 - 585. Score as of 5/2014 - 725.
Message 2 of 13
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

My Arrival + took forever to get here (about 10 days), so yeah Barclays is a little slow. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 13
Bman70
Established Contributor

I guess their offer to ship it fast for $28 meant "you better buy this or who knows when you'll get the card." Smiley Embarassed

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 4 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I asked that they expedite my arrival. And they did. Guess because they did that they decided I didn't want the world elite. Lol.
Message 5 of 13
Bman70
Established Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
I asked that they expedite my arrival. And they did. Guess because they did that they decided I didn't want the world elite. Lol.

That's weird, were you approved for the elite? 

I'm glad to report they have just redeemed themselves, card arrived today at exactly 10 days. Smiley Happy I have to say, while it's still a basically plain card, it looks way better in person! In fact the color is nothing like the images on their site.. it's more a lighter silver-metallic blue, with definite glittering tone like a metallic car paint. OK full gas tank here we come!

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 6 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Bman70 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

I'm glad to report they have just redeemed themselves, card arrived today at exactly 10 days. Smiley Happy I have to say, while it's still a basically plain card, it looks way better in person! In fact the color is nothing like the images on their site.. it's more a lighter silver-metallic blue, with definite glittering tone like a metallic car paint. OK full gas tank here we come!

I got it before they started handing out the elites and before the product was called Arrival +

I agree.. it's a plain looking card that with the glitter looks nice. I just love the 5%. lol

Message 7 of 13
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@Bman70 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

I got it before they started handing out the elites and before the product was called Arrival +

I agree.. it's a plain looking card that with the glitter looks nice. I just love the 5%. lol

A bit off topic but i think SM and Fidelity Amex are probably two ugliest cards out there, but they are probably two of the most useful cards out there as well. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Message 9 of 13
fot1
Established Contributor

My SM card took almost a month.. Worth the wait though love this card..

Too many to list..
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.