tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae mastercard 5% back on gas

@KennyS2006 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@KennyS2006 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I have an random question for all of you that have the SM card. How do you get cashback is statement credit or is it actually an check they send to you like chase and discover do ?

My card just loaded on to my Barclays account profile -- there are three options.. you can deposit it to your Upromise account (of which you can then transfer out to a bank -- I've got a upromise account and it isn't hard to do.), you can have it pay down your SM student loans, OR you can get a statement credit.

Thanks for that information. So is upromise account similar to setting up CMA with fidelity to cash out for fidelity amex card? I am trying to be patient and wait for some inquiries to age before i app for it. It sounds like an really nice card :-)

Yeah, I guess so... they also have a portal you can use to get money back on purchases you make through their "mall" -- lol so many ways to spend a buck, I tell ya!!

I will have no problem at all using a statement credit! Gotta love not having to pay a part of your bills. Smiley Wink

I know this probably sounds an bit weird, but i want to force myself to use cash back I get from credit cards to go straight into my high yield savings or roth IRA. I don't really trust myself sometimes to make sure i am saving enough money :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 21 of 22
mrcredit7
New Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae mastercard 5% back on gas

Sorry for the late response..Highly appreciate all the feedback..very informative, the beauty of myfico forums, didnt think about Q2 of IT card.. And i will apply for ms sallie in August.. also giving my other cards time to age, and  hopefully receive big one year anniversary CLI.  Again thanks myfics..

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.