tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae on Credit Karma ?

@longtimelurker wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@B335is wrote:
I used to love reading reviews on CK, until I found myFico. I found most reviews were filled with emotion and most people weren't aware of something as simple as the difference between Amazon Visa and Store cards.

Yes, but we also get some of that here too!   

Only if we get denied!

Yes, I guess I am talking more about lack of analysis (aka people having different opinions than me!).   So we do see people enthusatically recommending card X for no very good reasons, apart from they have used it and get some rewards, not considering whether it works with the spending pattern of the person asking, and often it isn't the best card for the recommender's spend either!  To say nothing of getting a card because it looks good.....

Can I get some reviews on the best card ever? What do you guys think? Oh and I want it in metal please. Thank you.

Message 11 of 18
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Personally, I'm glad Sallie Mae isn't plastered all over online credit card directories, on banner ads or FAKO score sites, etc.  I don't want it to become too publicized where it ends up being unprofitable for them to maintain the current rewards structure.  It seems like it was originally designed for a niche market of students and recent grads, which is likely why you can only apply for it via Sallie Mae's website and not through Barclays directly.  I'd rather it be our little secret. Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 18
taxi818
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I used to love reading reviews on CK, until I found myFico. I found most reviews were filled with emotion and most people weren't aware of something as simple as the difference between Amazon Visa and Store cards.

Or not aware between a Fako or fico. like when someone says. my ck score is 711 and i got approved for a amex BCP. What the hell. amex using Ck score? I think not. Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 18
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lvallejox wrote:

Why isn't Sallie Mae MC listed on Credit Karma ? I would like to read the reviews in the credit card section but its not there. 

Why would you want to go read reviews about Sallie Mae on Credit Karma?  We're not good enough for you?  Smiley Happy

There's a bajillion and one posts here that more than adequately cover experiences and reviews on Sallie Mae

On this one, I have to agree with CF.

I got to know about SMMC after coming to this forum. CK and many other "credit card reviewers" didn't have SMMC, and even when they reviewed SMMC individually, their list of best cashback cards would almost never have that.

I think I've seen some of this forum's members go and post there, for sure I've seen TMWC, asking why the authors didn't include SMMC. Guess it's not probably their fault either; Barclays decided to keep UPromise card but not SMMC on its credit cards page.

That TMWC person sounds like a real internet rebel.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 14 of 18
vagrants
Regular Contributor

The card itself is fantastic, but...when you redeem points for 10% annual match on Upromise earnings with Sallie Mae HYSA....problems may occur. I wonder how in the world Upromise MC is still avaialbe...

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 15 of 18
lvallejox
Contributor

Credit Karma was the first site that introduced me to credit cards. I guess I got used to reading reviews there. I always find myself going back there to check out cards before apping. I like it cause its regular people posting there so you get different opinions on cards. Here at Myfico, there's a lot of credit pros.

I do agree with whoever said its best too keep it our little secret. So I guess it's better.

I will app for sallie Mae MC on the 4th of June, when 4 HPs fall off!
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope it continues to stay under the radar as well.  Sallie Mae MC will be what draws me out of the garden most likely but I want to get my score up and my utilization and inquiries down before I try to get it as I'd love to get a WMC and a decent starting limit on it

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted the Ring but not sure now.  They're others that I want first.  

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.