Sallie Mae vs. Upromise?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae vs. Upromise?

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:
There is a cap on td. 6 months. It is in fine print. I have it. Useless card now. 1 point per dollar only. And need 2500 points to redeem.

I know about the 6 months, I think TMWC implied an earning cap.   This card, and the Wells Fargo equivalent, are used in the MS community for that six months.

I would have sworn this exact wording wasn't there 2 weeks ago... There is a $100 sign up bonus as well, so perhaps they added a line about the 6 month promotional offer. This is from the TD Bank Cash Rewards:

----

*See the Terms and Disclosures for details about APRs, fees, balance transfers, program rules and eligible purchases. Please also see the "How to Avoid Paying Interest" section in the Terms and Conditions for important information about Balance Transfers. For the TD Cash Rewards credit cards, maximum bonus accumulation for this promotional offer is a $100 cash rewards statement credit. Provided your TD Easy Rewards or TD Cash Rewards Credit Card account is open and in good standing, the $100 Cash Rewards statement credit will be reflected in the Cash Rewards Summary of your Credit Card statement in 6 to 8 weeks after you spend $500 in total net purchases within 90 days of account opening. This offer only applies to new TD Cash Rewards Credit Card accounts during the promotional period and is non-transferable.

Yes, I think that applies to the $100 statement credit.   Otherwise it is a little strange, with the $100 sign up bonus you won't be able to earn anything on the card!

Message 71 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:
There is a cap on td. 6 months. It is in fine print. I have it. Useless card now. 1 point per dollar only. And need 2500 points to redeem.

I know about the 6 months, I think TMWC implied an earning cap.   This card, and the Wells Fargo equivalent, are used in the MS community for that six months.

I would have sworn this exact wording wasn't there 2 weeks ago... There is a $100 sign up bonus as well, so perhaps they added a line about the 6 month promotional offer. This is from the TD Bank Cash Rewards:

----

*See the Terms and Disclosures for details about APRs, fees, balance transfers, program rules and eligible purchases. Please also see the "How to Avoid Paying Interest" section in the Terms and Conditions for important information about Balance Transfers. For the TD Cash Rewards credit cards, maximum bonus accumulation for this promotional offer is a $100 cash rewards statement credit. Provided your TD Easy Rewards or TD Cash Rewards Credit Card account is open and in good standing, the $100 Cash Rewards statement credit will be reflected in the Cash Rewards Summary of your Credit Card statement in 6 to 8 weeks after you spend $500 in total net purchases within 90 days of account opening. This offer only applies to new TD Cash Rewards Credit Card accounts during the promotional period and is non-transferable.

Yes, I think that applies to the $100 statement credit.   Otherwise it is a little strange, with the $100 sign up bonus you won't be able to earn anything on the card!

lol

Message 72 of 75
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

----

But the sign up bonus doesn't have a maximum accumulation. I think the line I highlighted in red is referring to the promotional bonus (ie, the temporary 5% cash back), and teh next statement is referring to the $100 statement credit for obtaining the card.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 73 of 75
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Right, but that also contradicts the splash page of "Unlimited rewards that never expire"   It would also make the card VERY unappealing, but of course that doesn't preclude it being true!

Message 74 of 75
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@I_need_720 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

w

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i do not see Mc Donalds, Wendy's, Popeyes Chicken, KFC, Denny's, iHop, Chiptole, Toco Bell ... in their UPROMISE DINNING PROGRAM. i do not see this 4% dinning beneficial compare to 5% restaurant and 5% fast food that US Bank Cash+ offers. I also notice the 5% gas on the Upromise is limited to Exxon or Mobil. Not BP or other gas.

Well, if you spend $500 a year and up at the participating restaurants, and pay with the Upromise card, you earn 12% which does beat the 5%!    And yes, they pick certain suppliers, like ExxonMobile, rather than all gas, which may or may not work for you, but it's a potential choice.

am i missing something ?  i didnt see this 7% bonus anywhere. Maybe this was a promotion they had for existing customers? I only saw that you could double your cashback  making online purchases through Upromise.

http://www.upromise.com/creditcard.do?referrerid=RETARGETLP14/&ax=ret_2013_BCUSlbgifts&csdartid=270545478_53068086&cssiteid=1399493

where are you getting 7% from

Please go thru this link for the information you are seeking in regards to cash back on dining:

http://rn.upromise.com/howitworks.htm

But quickly: "

You can earn up to 12% cash back on dining! Here's how: Pay for eligible dining purchases with your Upromise MasterCard. You will earn 4% cash back (comprised of these Upromise MasterCard rewards: 3% cash back on eligible dining purchases and 1% cash back everywhere automatically just for using your Upromise MasterCard) and if your Qualified Dine(s) spending is at the level to qualify for earnings at the Upromise Dining Program's Platinum Status in a calendar year, you will earn an additional 8% on that spending. These transactions will also count toward your overall calendar year spending in the Upromise Dining Program."

I am at Platinum Status for UPromise Dining Program and I am getting 12% back.

thank you. i looked at the listings entering my zipcode. Perhaps its just where i live or just plain marketing and no research. They only list minority places i never heard of or ate before. See if you heard any of these places nationally.... http://rn.upromise.com/search-options.htm?q=San+Francisco%2C+CA&e= Not mainstream places we eat everyday i think would be much harder becoming ''platinum status.'' 

According to my GasBuddy App it's still cheaper going to the other gas stations than recieving 5% - 12% cash back going to Mobil/Exxon. Then even in San Francisco where i reside, there isn't even a Mobil or Exxon gas station. http://www.exxonmobilstations.com

I will keep your infomation handy for future references. Still shopping around Smiley LOL thank you.  

PS, i know my gas would be expensive anyway, that's what i get for driving a mercedes Smiley Tongue

Which is why im still trying to beat Bank of AmericaCash Rewards (3% gas) Smiley Happy

Gas is cheaper in NJ than NYC. Smiley Wink

Message 75 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.