Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae world MasterCard

tag
ElCamino
Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae world MasterCard

I think what's adding to the confusion is that both the Upromise card and the Sallie Mae card can have their cashback deposited into your Upromise account.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 41 of 47
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@boomhower wrote:

Maybe I'm being dense but how is this getting 5% done?  I've looked through the site and just don't get it.  I need an Amazon card and hate Chase so don't want theirs.  The 5% would really make my day.

just curious, but why do u hate chase? Did they CLD or close your account?

I'm asking just to find out more about Chase.

I did have a card they closed but I don't really fault them for it.  I was on time and never made a late payment but I had fallen on tough times and my UTL was going through the roof.  It was also during the downturn to boot.  Don't hate them for that.  I do have a Freedom card that was a former WAMU card they bought out.  When they did they jacked the APR to 29.9%, again never late before or after they bought the accout.  There's not a late payment on my CR.  Since they've had never an auto CLI.  I did take a hard for a CLI and had to go through the EO to get what I wanted.  And they still won't touch the APR.  700 FICO and they still want my APR at the max.  So I just use it for 0% BT offers and bonus categories when there isn't a BT on it.  They treat me like a second class citizen when I've done nothing wrong.  I'll never pay them a penny in interest nor have another card.  I will however use the decent line of 0% offers and to make money with 5% rewards.  I'll also never use it for 1% categories, they go to Discover and Amex. 

Message 42 of 47
chan85
Established Contributor

Anybody know if there are preapproval sites I can check for this card or the upromise version??

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 43 of 47
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

Just recon it its faster and you get approved quickly.
Message 44 of 47
chan85
Established Contributor

@kampfer09 wrote:
Just recon it its faster and you get approved quickly.

recons work if you are on the cusp...idk where i fall and cant find any significant info on other peoples approvals to get an idea of what they are looking for/if i match that profile. and historically my recon attempts (with other cards) have never worked. apparently i am not good at them. Smiley Sad

not going to waste an inquiry on something that's so iffy when I have been in the garden since October! i'll just sit back and wait a little longer....

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 45 of 47
Mellon
Established Contributor

i applied for the card got denied instantly. Waiting to see what the reasons were on my letter before I decide to give recon a try.

Message 46 of 47
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

Recon for it there really nice to talk too.
Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.