cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallimae rewards section gone missing!!!

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Sallimae rewards section gone missing!!!

@GetMeSlick wrote:

any other valuable reasons to still use card after changing it to commence card from march 1, 2017?

Only reason I can think of to keep (rather than use!): sometimes, for some people, the SM would offer 2% extra on various categories.   IF the new card does this, then you might get 3% (or 5%) categories from to time.    But certainly not something to bank on.

Like others, I will leave my cards idle and see if Barclays cloes after three months or so.

Message 21 of 22
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Sallimae rewards section gone missing!!!

@longtimelurker wrote:

@GetMeSlick wrote:

any other valuable reasons to still use card after changing it to commence card from march 1, 2017?

Only reason I can think of to keep (rather than use!): sometimes, for some people, the SM would offer 2% extra on various categories.   IF the new card does this, then you might get 3% (or 5%) categories from to time.    But certainly not something to bank on.

Like others, I will leave my cards idle and see if Barclays cloes after three months or so.

Barclay's sends out these spend promos on various cards (perhaps any of their cards), but it's random and like you said, cannot be banked on. I don't see why they wouldn't do it for the Commence cards in the future, but not sure if that's an argument for keeping it considering the spend promos tend to have a max value of $25 and that's only if you max out the often niche categories like toy stores.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.