cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Club Balance Transfer

Frequent Contributor

Sam's Club Balance Transfer

Has anyone successfully transferred a balance from their Sam's card to another card?


3/13/2017 | Equifax: 663| Experian: 697| TransUnion: 740|
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board --- Overall UTI: 9% - Debt: $26,089 - Credit: $230,100
NFCU goRewards: $18K | Navcheck: $15K | NFCU CashRewards: $25K | Wal-Mart: $6K | Sam's: $8K | Care Credit: $15.6K | Lowe's: $17K | Cap1 Venture1: $8.5K | Amazon Prime: $6K | USAA AMEX CashR $1K | AMEX HHonors: $2K | BOA MC: $18K | BOA BASS PS MC $14K | Blispay Visa: $5K | Home Depot: $7.5K | Marvel MC: $25K | Discover IT: $2K | Penfed Amex: $14K | Penfed Visa: $6K
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: Sam's Club Balance Transfer

Yep, to NFCU once, and USAA another time



Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 777 (04/11/16)
Goal Score: 780+ All Three




Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 10
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sam's Club Balance Transfer


jwduke wrote:

Yep, to NFCU once, and USAA another time


I was trying to transfer my balance from Sam's to NFCU but Sam's keep sending NFCU a payment information incomplete message. When I talked to the Synchrony bank/Sam's rep, he says Sam's doesn't honor balance transfers.. Smiley Frustrated


3/13/2017 | Equifax: 663| Experian: 697| TransUnion: 740|
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board --- Overall UTI: 9% - Debt: $26,089 - Credit: $230,100
NFCU goRewards: $18K | Navcheck: $15K | NFCU CashRewards: $25K | Wal-Mart: $6K | Sam's: $8K | Care Credit: $15.6K | Lowe's: $17K | Cap1 Venture1: $8.5K | Amazon Prime: $6K | USAA AMEX CashR $1K | AMEX HHonors: $2K | BOA MC: $18K | BOA BASS PS MC $14K | Blispay Visa: $5K | Home Depot: $7.5K | Marvel MC: $25K | Discover IT: $2K | Penfed Amex: $14K | Penfed Visa: $6K
Message 3 of 10
Senior Contributor

Re: Sam's Club Balance Transfer


FIRECOURAGE wrote:

jwduke wrote:

Yep, to NFCU once, and USAA another time


I was trying to transfer my balance from Sam's to NFCU but Sam's keep sending NFCU a payment information incomplete message. When I talked to the Synchrony bank/Sam's rep, he says Sam's doesn't honor balance transfers.. Smiley Frustrated


Perhaps the representative meant that Sam's Club card does not do incoming balance transfers, which is correct. I've done an outgoing balance transfer from my Sam's Mastercard to Capital One without any difficulty, and it posted on both ends within several days.



Favorite Cards : ~ Citi Double Cash World Elite MasterCard ~
~ American Express Blue Cash Preferred ~ Chase Hyatt Visa Signature ~
~ Citi AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard ~ Citi Prestige ~ Alaska Airlines Visa Signature ~ Discover it Miles ~
Message 4 of 10
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sam's Club Balance Transfer


humuhumunukunukuapuaa wrote:

FIRECOURAGE wrote:

jwduke wrote:

Yep, to NFCU once, and USAA another time


I was trying to transfer my balance from Sam's to NFCU but Sam's keep sending NFCU a payment information incomplete message. When I talked to the Synchrony bank/Sam's rep, he says Sam's doesn't honor balance transfers.. Smiley Frustrated


Perhaps the representative meant that Sam's Club card does not do incoming balance transfers, which is correct. I've done an outgoing balance transfer from my Sam's Mastercard to Capital One without any difficulty, and it posted on both ends within several days.


No. I don;t think that is it because I explained to him I was trying to transfer my Sam's balance to another credit card. May just be an misinformed rep. I'll call back and see what another rep says.

 


3/13/2017 | Equifax: 663| Experian: 697| TransUnion: 740|
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board --- Overall UTI: 9% - Debt: $26,089 - Credit: $230,100
NFCU goRewards: $18K | Navcheck: $15K | NFCU CashRewards: $25K | Wal-Mart: $6K | Sam's: $8K | Care Credit: $15.6K | Lowe's: $17K | Cap1 Venture1: $8.5K | Amazon Prime: $6K | USAA AMEX CashR $1K | AMEX HHonors: $2K | BOA MC: $18K | BOA BASS PS MC $14K | Blispay Visa: $5K | Home Depot: $7.5K | Marvel MC: $25K | Discover IT: $2K | Penfed Amex: $14K | Penfed Visa: $6K
Message 5 of 10
Moderator

Re: Sam's Club Balance Transfer

FWIW I've also done a balance transfer to a Synchrony account (Care Credit) and it was no problem at all (sent from Discover).  Synchrony treated it like a 'regular' payment.

 

I know that NFCU has automation that pre-fills much of the information for major issuers... perhaps they are sending the transfer as if you have a Sam's Club MasterCard account instead of the PLCC?  Generally I would think this wouldn't be a problem, but with automation sometimes slight discreptancies can make weird things happen.

 

I'm also thinking the rep on the phone was confused... hopefully you'll be able to get it worked out either way.

 

Let us know how it goes.  Smiley Happy

 

 

Edited to add:  When dealing with a confused CSR (especially in an overseas call center) I would avoid the term "balance transfer", and simply state you're having another card send a payment to pay off your balance.  They will probably find that terminology easier to understand.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 10
Epic Contributor

Re: Sam's Club Balance Transfer

As far as a bank is concerned it isn't a balance transfer it is a payment and if all information is correct they have zero reason to refuse it...

Make sure you use the exact address from statement and credit card number

Message 7 of 10
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sam's Club Balance Transfer

Where is the Balance Transfer button on the Sam MC acount page? I cant seem to find it.

Message 8 of 10
Epic Contributor

Re: Sam's Club Balance Transfer


andykin456 wrote:

Where is the Balance Transfer button on the Sam MC acount page? I cant seem to find it.


No, you can not Balance Transfer to a Sync Card (Sams MC). OP is trying to pay their Sams card off.

Message 9 of 10
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sam's Club Balance Transfer


Creditaddict wrote:

andykin456 wrote:

Where is the Balance Transfer button on the Sam MC acount page? I cant seem to find it.


No, you can not Balance Transfer to a Sync Card (Sams MC). OP is trying to pay their Sams card off.


Ok thank you, I thought I was going blind I couldn't find the BT buttonSmiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 10