Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Club Discover: a limit to limits?

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Sam's Club Discover: a limit to limits?

I've hit the CLI request button 2 months in a row now and both times I get this letter:

Dear Mr Shush,

GE CAPITAL RETAIL BANK has recently reviewed your request to increase the credit line on your Sam's Club Discover Account.

We are not able to assign the credit line you requested because it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows.

Your credit line as of the date of this letter is $10000.

blah blah

Sincerely,

GE CAPITAL BANK

Has anyone else got this sort of letter before? I never carry a balance on this card and use it very sporadically mostly for the 4 month increases. The card started at $4400 in June of 2009.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sam's Club Discover: a limit to limits?

This is the same letter I get when I try to increase my Amazon card which is at $3800. Been trying for an increase monthly for about a 9 months.   I'm sure it has something to do with GE total exposure.

Between all my GE cards I have about $28,400 available limits with a zero balance on all of them.

Message 2 of 11
teenastie
Established Contributor

MrShush,

Can I ask an off topic question? Does the Sams Club Discover offer a free Fico like the Walmart card?

Message 3 of 11
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@teenastie wrote:

MrShush,

Can I ask an off topic question? Does the Sams Club Discover offer a free Fico like the Walmart card?

No, sadly, it does not Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 11
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

I got the same letter concerning our Lowes card. Opened in 2008. Started at 2K. Quickly went to 10K. After getting that denial letter 3 or 4 times I finally got it! They just ain't gonna give me more than 10K.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 5 of 11
MrShush
Valued Contributor

So 10K is the limit now? This IS the only GE card I have.

Message 6 of 11
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

So 10K is the limit now? This IS the only GE card I have.

I would say that is it. For me anyway. I won't be hitting that button again. However, I seem to recall reading some people having CL's over 10K. In addition to the lowes card, we also have Care Credit w/5K CL.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 7 of 11
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats on your CLI!!!Smiley Very Happy $10k is probably your highest CL on your Sams Club Discover because you can't request any more CLI.  They're going to tell you the highest  credit limit you can have.  I have been trying to ask for my Sams Club Discover and they always told me no.

Ron.

Message 8 of 11
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Well, I guess then that's it. No more 4 month CLI's until GE decides otherwise. Not really a big deal, but it was nice whilst it lasted Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 11
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

got that too on my paypal mastercard. i have 7500 on it currently.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.