Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Club MasterCard. Worth it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sam's Club MasterCard. Worth it?

I think I noticed the card is offering double cash-back for the first year.  So that's 10% on gas!  6% on travel and dining!  And 2% on everything else.  Pretty amazing sign-up.  Usually comes with some kind of a bonus too.  I think my wife got a $50 gift card. 

Another thing to take advantage of with Sam's Club is cell phone upgrades.  They used to be much cheaper than Verizon stores, but now they have to be priced the same.  But a work-around is they tend to offer $100-150 gift cards.  I believe in a couple of weeks they will be offering a $300 gift card for an upgrade [according to an employee].  I've got ten people on my phone plan and we always use Sam's for upgrades.

Waiting for the check at the end of the year does kind of suck, but I like to build up my points on my cards anyway. 

Message 11 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Sam's Club MasterCard. Worth it?

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I noticed the card is offering double cash-back for the first year.  So that's 10% on gas!  6% on travel and dining!  And 2% on everything else.  Pretty amazing sign-up.  Usually comes with some kind of a bonus too.  I think my wife got a $50 gift card. 

Another thing to take advantage of with Sam's Club is cell phone upgrades.  They used to be much cheaper than Verizon stores, but now they have to be priced the same.  But a work-around is they tend to offer $100-150 gift cards.  I believe in a couple of weeks they will be offering a $300 gift card for an upgrade [according to an employee].  I've got ten people on my phone plan and we always use Sam's for upgrades.

Waiting for the check at the end of the year does kind of suck, but I like to build up my points on my cards anyway. 

Unfortunately it's only for the first 90 days.  Smiley Sad

I agree on the cell phone deals... I'm not in the market myself but they seem like they could be quite lucrative.  Smiley Happy

samspromo.png

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.