Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Club Mastercard - Chances?

tag
msbia
Established Contributor

Re: Sam's Club Mastercard - Chances?

Could not agree more. Before snagging this I was faithfully using AARP card with 3% across...now I am about to close the AARP. Love my Sam's MC. Clean TU report, 720+ pretty much a slam dunk approval. Baddies on TU...better be over 740.

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 21 of 38
TDMCOOP

Pre-approval at checkoutSmiley Very Happy

Today, I was in Sams Club and during checkout the lady said I received a slip with my receipt saying I was preapproved for the Sam Club MC.  It gave me my cl and terms of deal.  I asked the lady is this guaranteed or just a sales gimmick and she said it is real and that all I had to do was take it to customer service and get my card.  Well I went to CS and they asked for my ssn and income and one minute later Approved for the MC version.  I was adamant in telling them that I did not want a Sams Club store card and she assured me that it was the MC.  Received temporary mc instantly and went shopping early with my Sams Card.  5% back on gas is the best out there from what I can see, also 3% at restaurants isn't bad, and 1% everything else.  My TU is 767.  EXP 775 and EQ 748.   FICO.  16% UTIL.  Mortgage, auto, installment, 11 cc'd with $25 highest limit, no lates, no baddies.  Had 4 inquiries on TU, now 5 inquiries.  Off to the garden.   Good Luck

Message 22 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to Sam's MC family!

It's a exclusive club, only fico over 740+ need apply. The only card harder to get is diner mc.

Message 23 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@steelers1 wrote:

5% for gas purches and 3% dining out and travel

It seems like a strong cash back card to me.

Yes indeed. 

Everyone's goals are different Mr. 2011 Smiley Wink  Besides, aspiring for a higher scores isn't that bad at all.

+1

Message 24 of 38
msbia
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to Sam's MC family!

It's a exclusive club, only fico over 740+ need apply. The only card harder to get is diner mc.

This is funny....for so many reasons...lol. 

Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 25 of 38
baller4life
Super Contributor

Sam's MC is a fabulous card. I love having my main two spend categories, gas and dining on one card. 😁
Message 26 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, the Sam's Club MasterCard rocks. I wouldn't be approved for it right now (and truthfully, wouldn't need it since I have Sallie Mae for gas and AARP for restaurants), but I do have a lot of respect for the card. It does a terrific job of triple duty as a dining, travel, and gas card all in one.

Message 27 of 38
msbia
Established Contributor

A lot of people don't like this card because of the rewards redemption. But for me....it works fabulously. 

Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 28 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:
Sam's MC is a fabulous card. I love having my main two spend categories, gas and dining on one card. 😁

Couldn't agree with you more baller! 

Message 29 of 38
tryme
Regular Contributor

I was approved this week for the Sam's Club MC with a myFico TU score of 727. SL $1,800. I called Credit Solutions shortly after and asked for $10k. They approved it! Very excited to be receiving this card! Smiley Happy   Hope that info helps.

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.