Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Club REAL shopping cart pop-up

tag
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Sam's Club REAL shopping cart pop-up

Went to the local club to pickup a few things. Upon checkout cashier said I was pre-approved for the MC. Didn't state the limit or anything. I politely declined as I don't need another card at the moment. Was just surprised the pop-up came at the regular checkout line and not the customer service kiosk.

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Re: Sam's Club REAL shopping cart pop-up

Just like the other prescreens, they run your name and details from your membership file to market the card to you.

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 2 of 9
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

@b_diddy wrote:

Just like the other prescreens, they run your name and details from your membership file to market the card to you.

True, just surprised it happened during regular checkout. Never happened before. Maybe part of their holiday push.

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 3 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

It's a good rewards card 5% gas 3% dining and 1% on everything else the temptation would have been something I couldn't pass up. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldnmn wrote:

It's a good rewards card 5% gas 3% dining and 1% on everything else the temptation would have been something I couldn't pass up. Thanks for sharing.

Wow!  That would be a GREAT rewards card.

Message 5 of 9
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

I agree, the rewards on this are great. I wish Walmart MC would match. However with my spend, the cards I currently have do the job. 

I know many out there want this card. Maybe they can get it now with a SP. Good luck folks.

Message 6 of 9
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

That is interesting, I wonder if that is  a SP since they offered you credit at the register.

Message 7 of 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

pretty interesting at the register

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 8 of 9
sdt

We've had this happen as well. That's how my husband got his card. So far, it's been a great card. If it happens again, I would take it. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.