Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Club & BJ's Warehouse

tag
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

Sam's Club & BJ's Warehouse

Does anyone have both a Sam's Club credit card and a BJ's Warehouse Credit Card? If so, what are your limits? Which store do you prefer?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sam's Club & BJ's Warehouse

Sams Card is backed by SYNC while BJ's is backed by Comenity.

Message 2 of 18
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

You are correct.

Message 3 of 18
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

I have never been to a BJ's (don't live in the area), but it appears that "BJ's Wholesale Club has announced a new partnership agreement with Alliance Data Systems Corporation" (a.k.a. Comenity, see earlier reply).

Message 4 of 18
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

You too are correct.

Message 5 of 18
flawesome
Contributor

I do not have both cards, but I do have two of these near me. BJ's is slightly colser and has a lower membership cost, so it's the one I have a memebership to. The credit card brings he membership down to $40. Haveing shopped around at boh, I find the selection compairable. Samsclub has slightly beter pricing and larger quantities of a few things things, but as I am buying food for one person, I prefer BJ's sizes when that is the case. You really can't go wrong with eiher though. At my old place I went to Sam's club and it was great.

No idea about the limits, I don't even know what my BJ's visa limit will be yet.

| BoA BBR 5k | Discover it 1k | freedom 2.2k | Fidelity AMEX 1.5k | Sallie Mae 1k | AARP 2.2k | BJ's PPlus 3.7k |
Message 6 of 18
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I have both and perfer BJ's for meat (especially) and some produce. I actually have the cards because they offer Gas at a better price using their cards.

$3.5k on BJ's but I suspect that'll increase quicker under Comenity then it did under Barclays. $2.5k on Sams, but I just opened it in September 2014.Both get paid in full each month because both are high APR's.

Message 7 of 18
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

GREAT!!!! Now I have a few additional questions:  

Did you have to first pay for the membership and be a member for a length of time before applying for the credit cards?

Or could you apply for the credit cards without being a member? 

Message 8 of 18
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@DeadlyPersona wrote:

GREAT!!!! Now I have a few additional questions:  

Did you have to first pay for the membership and be a member for a length of time before applying for the credit cards?

Or could you apply for the credit cards without being a member? 

My Sam's I applied for membership and the creditcard at the same time a year ago. I started at $3500 and used the CLI button every 4 months to get where I am now if this helps.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 18
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

Yes, it helps.  I was reading some information online at both locations but wasn't quite sure how it worked.  At one time I thought about apping for BJ's online when they went over to Comenity.  However, looking at the process was a bit confusing because it says the membership fees can be added to the credit card BUT when I clicked to app for the credit card, it prompted for a membership #, etc.

I went into Sam's to purchase some things for my classroom because I figured I would have a better chance of getting approved if I had several items added up with the cashier....but was told by the greeter at the entrance I had to go to the customer service desk first to get a membership card before going out in the store to shop.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.