Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sam's Club and Amex?

It's been addressed, but they started accepting Amex as of today. Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, heard on the radio ad on my way home today. Was a bit surprised. Guess Amex has to go somewhere now that Costco wont take them.

Message 12 of 20
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Yes, updated with link. This will be nice, I think. Wonder if they come out with Sam's card. Added offer, expires 10/31.
Signature needs updating
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Near home the Costo and Sam's Club are a few blocks apart. Both have gas. I'm not a big walmart fan and have always favored Costco. I don't think I've even been in a Sam's. But since gas is one of the bigger things for us at Costco, and Costco almost always has a line and Sam's doesn't, I thought maybe this offer would be the thing to make it work to try it. Nope. 

Besides getting gas at home, we've found our last few trips up the coast we can successfully fill up at Costco from Southern to Northern California if we're going up the 101. Last trip we got gas in Montclair, Oxnard, Gilroy, and Eureka (some on the way up some on the way down). We might have hit Gilroy twice. 

I looked for anything north of the LA area. Nope. I entered Ventura. nope, only showed Bakersfield. Entered Santa Maria, only Bakersfield. Paso Robles, only Bakersfield. Salinas - nothing with gas within 100 miles. So it doesn't seem it'd work for our needs. 

Message 14 of 20
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I don't have a car, Sam's Club is closer (like finally). Don't know if would continue membership, since already pay for Amazon.
Signature needs updating
Message 15 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
I don't have a car, Sam's Club is closer (like finally). Don't know if would continue membership, since already pay for Amazon.

I know what you mean... I'm paying for Amazon Prime as well, which this last year I've not utilized as much as I have in the past. 

Now I'm paying for a Sam's Club membership as well... and while it's only been a few months, I've had a hard time finding things to buy there that I can't get for the same (or less) somewhere else with a little careful shopping.  The 'saving grace' for me is the Sam's Club MC, which for the time being makes the membership 'worth it'.

Thankfully (LOL) there's not a Costco nearby, or I would have to consider the worth of a membership there as well. 

These 'memberships' add up, though... unless you're able to really make them 'count'.

Sorry for derailing the thread... Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 20
bldmt
Regular Contributor

I assume that many here are AMEX card holders, Sam's Club cardholders, and Sam's club members (I am all three). I am wondering if either AMEX, or Sam's will offer any promotions to us.

Message 17 of 20
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Anyone remember Pace? They started the same year as Costco and Sams. They were so good, my favorite by far. They eventually merged/bought out by Sams. I want my Pace back..Smiley Wink

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sam's Club and AMEX Offer - New Membership

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I heard an ad on the radio this morning for this promotion, and wanted to pass this along.   If you enroll an AMEX card on their website and get a new Sam's Club membership with that card, you'll get a $25 statement credit.    As for limits, it looks like it has to be a consumer or small business card issued by Centurion Bank.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/sams-club/index.html?extlink=pa-us-DPD-PRsc 

Just to add: it also worked for Collegiate Membership. I planned to "convince" the manager to override the 40 fee instead of 45 but they charged me 45 anyways and I received the 15 dollar gift card. Later I got the 25 credit from Amex.

Yesterday I upgraded to the Plus membership without having to give the 15 dollar gift card back.

EDIT: oops I think the offer expired. Sorry

Message 19 of 20
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sam's Club and AMEX Offer - New Membership

@Anonymous wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I heard an ad on the radio this morning for this promotion, and wanted to pass this along.   If you enroll an AMEX card on their website and get a new Sam's Club membership with that card, you'll get a $25 statement credit.    As for limits, it looks like it has to be a consumer or small business card issued by Centurion Bank.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/sams-club/index.html?extlink=pa-us-DPD-PRsc 

Just to add: it also worked for Collegiate Membership. I planned to "convince" the manager to override the 40 fee instead of 45 but they charged me 45 anyways and I received the 15 dollar gift card. Later I got the 25 credit from Amex.

Yesterday I upgraded to the Plus membership without having to give the 15 dollar gift card back.

EDIT: oops I think the offer expired. Sorry

It must have just expired.   I no longer see it under "AMEX Offers" when I check.   Smiley Sad

UPDATE - I'm locking the thread to make sure outdated info doesn't go around.  If a new offer comes up, someone in the Community can start a new thread.  --SE

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.