cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Club doesn't accept Visa credit cards

Established Contributor

Re: Sam's Club doesn't accept Visa credit cards

Walmart accepts all forms of payment including Visa. Sam's Club (although it belongs to Walmart) doesn't accept Visa. They only take Discover, MC, and debit cards in their stores. Completely illogical but then again...it's Walmart Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 50
Established Contributor

Re: Sam's Club doesn't accept Visa credit cards


MarineVietVet wrote:

I must say the opinions have run the entire gamut haven't they?

 

As I said the check out clerk could very well have been wrong. Perhaps her training wasn't as complete as it could have been. Or she was sleeping the day they went over accepted forms of payment.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".


MVV the next time you go to Sams by every register is a (usually laminated) form that shows all acceptable forms of payments. They even have pictures for those who can't read english. You will see they accept All debit cards, WM cards, WM gift cards, Discover, MCs, Cash and checks! Smiley Happy



Message 22 of 50
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sam's Club doesn't accept Visa credit cards


teenastie wrote:

 

MVV the next time you go to Sams by every register is a (usually laminated) form that shows all acceptable forms of payments. They even have pictures for those who can't read english. You will see they accept All debit cards, WM cards, WM gift cards, Discover, MCs, Cash and checks! Smiley Happy


We usually shop there several times a month. Next time we're there I will try and remember to check.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

 


 

Message 23 of 50
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sam's Club doesn't accept Visa credit cards

Easiest way around the Sam's club CC policy:

 

Go to walmart and buy a gift card for any amount and pay with your Visa or Amex. Walmart giftcards can be redeemed at Sam's Club.

Message 24 of 50
Epic Contributor

Re: Sam's Club doesn't accept Visa credit cards

Cant believe this ran 3 pages! LOL

 

Sams Club: Sams Store Card, Sams Discover Card, Walmart Store Card, Walmart Discover Card, A Real Discover Card, Master Card, Check and Cash and all Debits.

Costco: All Debits, Check, Cash or All American Express Cards

Neiman Marcus: All American Express Cards, Neiman Marcus Store Card, Check, or Cash, no debit (but think you can go upstairs and buy GC and then come back to use at register.  I believe online "Might take Visa or MC" Last I knew they were testing in a couple stores taking Visa.  I really wish they would bring back the Neiman Marcus American Express (issued through HSBC as store card is)

Walmart: Takes it all but will give cash back up to $60 store, $80 Discover I believe.

Message 25 of 50
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sam's Club doesn't accept Visa credit cards


Creditaddict wrote:

Cant believe this ran 3 pages! LOL

 

Sams Club: Sams Store Card, Sams Discover Card, Walmart Store Card, Walmart Discover Card, A Real Discover Card, Master Card, Check and Cash and all Debits.

Costco: All Debits, Check, Cash or All American Express Cards

Neiman Marcus: All American Express Cards, Neiman Marcus Store Card, Check, or Cash, no debit (but think you can go upstairs and buy GC and then come back to use at register.  I believe online "Might take Visa or MC" Last I knew they were testing in a couple stores taking Visa.  I really wish they would bring back the Neiman Marcus American Express (issued through HSBC as store card is)

Walmart: Takes it all but will give cash back up to $60 store, $80 Discover I believe.


Why is that?

Message 26 of 50
Epic Contributor

Re: Sam's Club doesn't accept Visa credit cards


MarineVietVet wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

Cant believe this ran 3 pages! LOL

 

Sams Club: Sams Store Card, Sams Discover Card, Walmart Store Card, Walmart Discover Card, A Real Discover Card, Master Card, Check and Cash and all Debits.

Costco: All Debits, Check, Cash or All American Express Cards

Neiman Marcus: All American Express Cards, Neiman Marcus Store Card, Check, or Cash, no debit (but think you can go upstairs and buy GC and then come back to use at register.  I believe online "Might take Visa or MC" Last I knew they were testing in a couple stores taking Visa.  I really wish they would bring back the Neiman Marcus American Express (issued through HSBC as store card is)

Walmart: Takes it all but will give cash back up to $60 store, $80 Discover I believe.


Why is that?


I don't know, I read some posts that don't even clear a page and I feel like so much more debate should have happened on it and then I read others that I think that was answered 40 posts ago... I mean Im obsessed with the board so it's just things I guess I notice and store away in my head is some like mental note in case later I need it again!

Message 27 of 50
Senior Contributor

Re: Sam's Club doesn't accept Visa credit cards

Going to Sam's is what made me realize that almost all of our cards were VISA cards!  Strange.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Message 28 of 50
Valued Member

Re: Sam's Club doesn't accept Visa credit cards

>It is only considered Debit if you use your pin number. If you sign for your transactions then it is most assuredly a credit transaction.

 

Nope, I ran my ETrade Visa Debit card at Sam's last night without using a PIN.  I never enter my PIN at those things.  Too easy for someone shoulder surf the digits and then jack you in the parking lot.

Message 29 of 50
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sam's Club doesn't accept Visa credit cards

As I stated in an earlier post most personal visa debit cards can be ran as credit, but no visa credit cards may be used. 

Message 30 of 50