Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Credit Card Number for Balance Transfer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sam's Credit Card Number for Balance Transfer

I want to transfer the balance on my Sam's Credit Card to a lower interest card and I need the credit card number to do so. There are 19 digits on my card, but the transfer form only allows for 16. Looked at my online statement and everything but the last four digits are x'd out. However, there are 12 x's and then the last four digits for a total of 16. Very confusing! Anyone know which 16 digits to use?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Calistal
Regular Contributor

Re: Sam's Credit Card Number for Balance Transfer

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to transfer the balance on my Sam's Credit Card to a lower interest card and I need the credit card number to do so. There are 19 digits on my card, but the transfer form only allows for 16. Looked at my online statement and everything but the last four digits are x'd out. However, there are 12 x's and then the last four digits for a total of 16. Very confusing! Anyone know which 16 digits to use?

With the last four that show up, which 4 digits do they match up to on your card?  My assumption would be, find the last four on the account, and use whatever is before that on the card, if that makes any sort of sense.  Otherwise - I have no idea.  I don't have one of the cards.  Hopefully someone else has some experience with it.  Good luck!

Starting Scores : EQ: 593 // TU: 571 // EX: 595 ~~5/2023 : TU: 823 // EX: 831 // EQ: 838
TCLs: 144k
Message 2 of 3
hawaii-girl
Regular Contributor

Re: Sam's Credit Card Number for Balance Transfer

Yes, the Sam's Club numbering is weird. I was told that the Sam's id number (1st 4 digits of the credit card number) is 7714. What worked for me is to use the last 12 digits  and add the 7714 to the beginning to compose the credit card number. In other words, replace the first 7 numbers with 7714. This is what they told me at Credit Solutions. Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.