Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's MC Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sam's MC Question

I see that Sams issues the cash back paid once a year to Sams's as the payee. Can a person just cash the check and be on their way or is it used as payment toward purchase in which you have to spend it all.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Sam's MC Question

Yes I went to the customer service desk when I walked in and cashed the check. I then went shopping and charged my purchase to my credit card. The check is treated as a regular check not a credit to your account.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldnmn wrote:

Yes I went to the customer service desk when I walked in and cashed the check. I then went shopping and charged my purchase to my credit card. The check is treated as a regular check not a credit to your account.

Ah...so it only requires you cash it at Sam's.

Message 3 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Yes! Strange but true!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldnmn wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Yes! Strange but true!

Thanks coldnmn!

Message 5 of 6
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

you can even have it applied to your card while checking out if need be as well.  sometimes this is easier than dealing with the line at the CS desk.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.