Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's MC

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Sam's MC

Will they reduce the APR? Mine is 22.5%.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sam's MC

When did you open the account? How is your credit history?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doubtful, which is why I wont app this card yet. Once you are pegged into tier 2 it is hard to get moved up to tier 1 (13.99%)
Message 3 of 11
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I just opened it, 20 mins ago. Too many new accounts. Approved 2500, CLI to only 4500. Rep said it was a soft pull.
Message 4 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

SYNCB will not reduce your APR.  If you qualified for the highest tier, you're stuck.  On the off-chance they review some account portfolios (similarly to eBay MC or PayPal Extras MC), then there's a slight possibility they may do so in the future but don't count on it in the short term...  Pretty much what Nixon mentioned above.

Message 5 of 11
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Maybe I will cancel it and reapply again in the future...
Message 6 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DigitalArk wrote:
Maybe I will cancel it and reapply again in the future...

What if you don't qualify for that tier in the future?  You already took the HP as well as the AAoA hit.  Were you really planning on carrying balances on this card?  If you PIF, then the APR shouldn't really matter, given that most SYNCB co-branded cards already have high APRs as it is.  Your credit profile has to be within the excellent range to obtain their lowest tiers.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like im gonna be waiting a while...
Message 8 of 11
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Hmm, sounds like Chase.

Is this card available as a World MC?

Message 9 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@thelethargicage wrote:

Hmm, sounds like Chase.

Is this card available as a World MC?

Short answer. No.  This might be an outlier for matching up with the rest of your other ones.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.