Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's club pre-approval

tag
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sam's club pre-approval

My wife found the Groupon deal for us as well. Will probably be apping for this card soon.
NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 11 of 24
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@JediNeo wrote:

Just obtained a membership via a great Groupon deal. While processing info the associate told me I was preapproved four the MC with only a $2700 limit. I respectfully declined the offer. Just surprised a preapp offer came up. 

Sorry OP but you should have taken the offer if the limit was the issue. A call to Credit Solutions (the backdoor number) could have it increased and it's a SP. I was also approved when it first launched for about $2500 and got it bumped up to $8000 via Credit Solutions. Worht it - not to mention Sam's MC is one of the best cards around. 

Message 12 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

Wow. Never seen anyone turn down Sam's MC pre-approval. Guess there's a first for everything. Lol. Synchrony would have most likely increased limit as others have said.
Message 13 of 24
fedxboy
Established Contributor

The Groupon offer included:  Groupon where they are offering up a One-Year Sam’s Club Membership, a $20 Gift Card, AND Free Fresh-Food Vouchers for ONLY $45! This seem like a *HOT* deal, considering it has a $91.23 value! Plus, you’ll also snag a free complimentary card for your spouse.

*Sliced oven-roast turkey 22 oz. (a $7.98 value)
*Ciabatta rolls 8 ct. (a $3.99 value)
*Black bean five-layer dip 28 oz. (a $7.98 value)
*Apple pie 10” (a $6.28 value)

I also went through Ebates -- haha, and saved 9% off that $45.00 membership fee = 6% through Ebates and an additional 3% using the Ebates Visa Sig.   Then, like I said above -- I app'd for the SAM'S MC and will get another $20 bucks off my 1st purchase of 50 bucks.

All this for paying Sam's standard 45.00 membership fee through Groupon --- Totally a WIN WIN!!

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 14 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

Sweet deal!!!
Message 15 of 24
Delna
Established Member

Thanks for the heads up on the Groupon deal. Been planning on getting a membership for a while. Was pre-approved for the club card ($2,500) but no mention of the MC. The clerk asked if I wanted to see if they would approve me for the MC. I figured why not. Approved for 10K. I guess by the shocked look she must have thought I was annoyed because she told me I could always request an increase when I received and activated my actual card in a week or two. Not my best limit but much better than my Walmart to Walmart Discover upgrade just a few months ago.

Message 16 of 24
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

@nursepower wrote:

Quick question...I just joined Sams Club less than a month ago. Would I be able to return that membership and use the Groupon membership instead?

According to the terms it's for new members only. After reading a few post on the Groupon forum some were able to use it three months after their membership expired. 

The limit wasnt the only reason I declined the offer. My SM beats the rewards on gas and my very rewards beats everything else. My utl never goes above 10%. With those factors just didn't want to have to manage another card.

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 17 of 24
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

@Delna wrote:

Thanks for the heads up on the Groupon deal. Been planning on getting a membership for a while. Was pre-approved for the club card ($2,500) but no mention of the MC. The clerk asked if I wanted to see if they would approve me for the MC. I figured why not. Approved for 10K. I guess by the shocked look she must have thought I was annoyed because she told me I could always request an increase when I received and activated my actual card in a week or two. Not my best limit but much better than my Walmart to Walmart Discover upgrade just a few months ago.

Awesome, congrats on the $10k approval. 

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 18 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

Well I used the Groupon deal. No pre-approval for me. Smiley Sad Could be that I am opted out. Who knows... As bad as I want the MC, I am firmly in the garden for the next year. So,I will wait! #gardenstrong

Message 19 of 24
bigDEElight
Frequent Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Wow. Never seen anyone turn down Sam's MC pre-approval. Guess there's a first for everything. Lol. Synchrony would have most likely increased limit as others have said.

+1

EQ: 706 TU: 716 EX: 708
Total: $91,700 | 2016 Goal: $95K | Utilization: 8%
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.