Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's is not BK friendly, right?

tag
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Sam's is not BK friendly, right?

I have many GEMB cards, but have avoided apping for Sam's b/c of anecdotal evidence of their stricter standards.

Don't want to add an unnecessary INQ to my CR, as I already have 3 from earlier this year.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: Sam's is not BK friendly, right?

Are you referring to just the store card, or their Discover?  Or does it not matter to you?

I can't vouch for how they are now, but I had a BK in 2002 and I got a Sam's card in 2003. (possibly 2004.) They gave me a 300 CL and I was shocked just to get a card from them.  I have received regular increases, in most cases without asking for them, and my CL is now 2000.  Good luck, and again, we're talking about 2003 vs. 2011 so I don't have recent experience to give you an ironclad recommendation.

Legendary Contributor

no Sams is actually probably even better than other GEMB cards... they are BK friendly and they tend to give high CL;s and large CLI.

this being as long as you have not burned them in past...

Message 3 of 5
haiti222
Contributor

Got a Sams Discover about 3 years post  bk in 08. They cut  my CL drastically from 2700 to 1100 during the financial mess. They have raised it back to 1700, but will not raise it further, so I think they have tightened up a little....

Message 4 of 5
MagicShot
Contributor

@haiti222 wrote:

Got a Sams Discover about 3 years post  bk in 08. They cut  my CL drastically from 2700 to 1100 during the financial mess. They have raised it back to 1700, but will not raise it further, so I think they have tightened up a little....

I donno I just got a 3k CLI from sams card a few months ago. I think it depends on your credit and score, and history with them.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.