Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams Club Discover Card

tag
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

Sams Club Discover Card

why is it so hard to get a Sams Club Discover card i have applied twice and got denied??
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Sams Club Discover Card

I just got approved for this last Sunday with a TU of 643 and CL of 4.2k. What is your TU?
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fretless,

what part of the country are you in? I'm in Ohio and I'm not certain who they pull from.

3/3/08 TU 653 EQ 628 EX 673
Message 3 of 29
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

my TU is 666
Message 4 of 29
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

im in michigan
Message 5 of 29
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Mad My TU 700+ they turn me down 2 time , reason applied too many card in 3 month .
Message 6 of 29
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I'm in Virginia. That card is issued by GEMB and from what I hear they are pretty notorious for pulling TU.

Do you have low util?
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 29
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

l LIVE IN VA . ALL MY CC VERY LOW UTIL . ALWAY PAID BEFOR CLOSING DAY . AND LEAVE $5 LELF IN BALANCE LET THEM REPORT . I DON'T REALLY NEEDS CARD , BUT I JUST WANT TO HAVE DISCOVER IN MY CR .

I HAVE : AMEX ( BLUE ) $5 = 5K
             : AMEX ( BLUE ) $5 = 2500
           : HOOTER            $5= 5K
           : BB STORE   $1300=2K ( I DIDN'T PAY OFF BECAUSE IT HAVE 0% FOR 6 MONTHS )
            : CCCU                0 = 1 K
           : CAPITALONE     0= 1 K ( JUST CLOSE B/C DON'T GIVE ME CL )

NOW I CARRY OUT ONLY AMEX 5K AND HOOTER .
Message 8 of 29
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I'm pretty sure I had 5 inqs on TU when I applied.
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

My boss LOATHES the Sam's Discover card!Smiley Very Happy  She says she was going thru a financial crisis with the IRS (nuff said!) and fell behind and Discover reps called her non-stop, usually at dinnertime and they were rude.   She ended up doing credit counseling (wasting her money, to me), and finally paid them off and swears she will never have another Discover card.

She says she still has nightmares about playing her voice messages and hearing, "This is Mrs. Aguilar from Discover regarding your Sam's Club account".  Smiley Very Happy
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.