Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams Club Discover Card

tag
USC08
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sams Club Discover Card

is it best to apply in the store or online?
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 11 of 29
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Ask your boss why a relationship with GEMB (Sam's Discover network card) going sour should affect a relationship with Discover. It's like saying "My First Premier Visa was a terrible deal with bad customer service so I'll never get a Visa again".
Message 12 of 29
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@USC08 wrote:
is it best to apply in the store or online?

I applied in the store, after I was unable to apply online due to technical issues with the website.
Here we go again...
Message 13 of 29
USC08
Frequent Contributor

i'm not a member at sams..does it matter if i am or not??
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone know if you can do a product change from a discover open roads card to a discover sam's club card?
Message 15 of 29
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Discover Open Roads is issued by Discover Bank.

Sam's Club Discover is issued by GEMB.

No relation between the two, other than the fact that the card is processed through the Discover Network. (The way that a BofA AmEx is processed like an AmEx, but it has nothing to do with American Express Centurion Bank.)

MsQueenB's boss might have been getting calls from GEMB, saying that they were calling about her Discover card, but the calls wouldn't have been coming from Discover.

Just curious, why would you want to switch from Open Roads to Sam's Club? I keep looking at Open Roads as a one-day card for me.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 29
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I have the Sam's Club card and the tiered rewards are even worse than normal Discover.

It advertises "Up to 2 percent cash back". But this only applies after spending $10,000 on it annually.

I originally applied for it after finding out they only took Discover and MasterCard, and I didn't yet have a mastercard. I had to use the ATM that day, so while I was there, I walked to the counter and applied for it so I wouldn't be stuck in the same situation again.
Here we go again...
Message 17 of 29
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

FretlessMayhem wrote:
I have the Sam's Club card and the tiered rewards are even worse than normal Discover.

It advertises "Up to 2 percent cash back". But this only applies after spending $10,000 on it annually.

I still receive and decline many preapproved offers for the Sam's Club Discover card.  I remember, a couple of years ago, I calculated my potential rewards on that card.  It would take me about 5 years to receive my first reward!
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 18 of 29
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@psychic wrote:

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

I still receive and decline many preapproved offers for the Sam's Club Discover card. I remember, a couple of years ago, I calculated my potential rewards on that card. It would take me about 5 years to receive my first reward!

Yeah. I have racked up a whole $1.22 so far, yet somehow also managed to rack up over $100 in cash back on my Chase Freedom in the same time period.

If I didn't already take the hit for this card, I would ditch it.
Here we go again...
Message 19 of 29
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

FretlessMayhem wrote:

Yeah. I have racked up a whole $1.22 so far, yet somehow also managed to rack up over $100 in cash back on my Chase Freedom in the same time period.

If I didn't already take the hit for this card, I would ditch it.

I receive better rewards using my Citi Dividend Platinum Select MC at Sam's Club!  Before they started accepting MasterCard, I paid by check at Sam's Club. 

Message Edited by psychic on 07-01-2008 08:03 PM
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.