Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams Club Pre-qualification mailer

tag
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Sams Club Pre-qualification mailer

Anyone ever get one? I just got one. I was hoping to get a pre approval when i brought in my groupon last month for my membership. Who knows it may have popped up then the service desk person was not the smartest of the bunch. Idk why but i really want that card. Should i go for it?

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Sams Club Pre-qualification mailer

I like my Sam's Mastercard 5% gas anywhere and CL grew quickly.  Good Luck if you decide to go for it!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dunno what your scores are, your limits look good on other cards... be aware sams club is a weird one. You can always be denied the mastercard and be stuck with the PLCC. Great part about PLCC is you can be invited to upgrade later, so thats good.

Be aware their cash back is wonky. Its a great way to get an extra one percent on top of the plus membership....but all your cash back comes in the form of a check at the end of a 12 month period. The check can only be cashed inclub....can be used for whatever you want.

Except for discover general spend cash back of 1 percent....and with it being doubled to 2... After that I cant think of any way at all to get more than 1 percent cash back.... and who knows how long sams will take discover anyway

Message 3 of 24
ddemari
Super Contributor

Was the sams prequalifer for the MC or store card or vague? If you are sitting at 700 FICO Tu, id go for it. With synch nothing can be for sure, I was approved for Ebates Visa 3k with a 722 TU fico and then approved for $537 sams store card Smiley Sad

But sams store card was bumped to 8k after calling credit solutions. 

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

Was the sams prequalifer for the MC or store card or vague? If you are sitting at 700 FICO Tu, id go for it. With synch nothing can be for sure, I was approved for Ebates Visa 3k with a 722 TU fico and then approved for $537 sams store card Smiley Sad

me want ebates!!!!!!!!! unlimited 3%.....I will REALLY want one when discover is done with double cash back......  its just heaven anymore.... spend 100 and instead use a coupon, bam 80 bucks, then bam, another 15 off from ebates, then bam, 8 bucks off from discover......

Hmm... synchrony bank seems to really be ok with me...but I am too scared to get a denial, and i am kinda trying to pimp my scores to churn.............. ugh 

I dunno, if OP wants some extra cushion in their util, shops at sams, wants ability to have free cash access in sams, wants a card for walmart...and is OK with potential of not getting MC and rare chance of invitation to convert to mastercard.... then go for it....I would try to get it when they give u $40-$70 free though.

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigblue7722 wrote:

Anyone ever get one? I just got one. I was hoping to get a pre approval when i brought in my groupon last month for my membership. Who knows it may have popped up then the service desk person was not the smartest of the bunch. Idk why but i really want that card. Should i go for it?

If it is a card that you really want, why not?  Given your current cc, you should not have a problem getting approved.  Good luck if you decide to go for it!  Let us know.

Message 6 of 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

I like my Sam's Mastercard 5% gas anywhere and CL grew quickly.  Good Luck if you decide to go for it!

+1

Message 7 of 24
taxi818
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

What you had a 722 and they gave you a 537 store card?? how many inqs did you have or new accounts when this happened? Yikes!!!!

Message 8 of 24
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I got my preapproval at the service desk, and it was a SP for me for the MasterCard, fortunately. I would try again for the register preapproval while checking out because they can tell you then if it's the MasterCard, APR tier, and also the CL you may qualify for. Initially, I was very excited to have the card; but it's no longer my go-to for gas purchases with the PenFed Cash Rewards and Sallie Mae in my wallet. I also have a Walmart MC that I can resort to for other purposes at both retailers if necessary.

Like other Synchrony cards, the limit grows very quickly with decent credit. I had mine at 15k within a couple months of having it. Unfortunately, I will probably lose my Sam's MC when I discontinue my membership next year. 

Message 9 of 24
taxi818
Super Contributor

Wow. So you. Can apply at register and they know if MasterCard or not ? Even before you accept? I think I will just go for a Walmart mc without the hassle of membership. Although I have a 5k Wally store card.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.