Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams Club upgrade eligibility

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Sams Club upgrade eligibility

I just called Sams Club to ask if my store card was eligible for a MC upgrade.

the rep said he could see no reason why I wouldn't get an upgrade. I needed to go to a store a let them help me process it. 

Does this sound right? I have a feeling it would be a hard pull.

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Sams Club upgrade eligibility

Im not sure if the store would be able to do that. I think that would have to be the credit anaylst that would do it. I could be wrong though. To me it sounds like you would be applying for the other card. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 9
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

I just called Sams Club to ask if my store card was eligible for a MC upgrade.

the rep said he could see no reason why I wouldn't get an upgrade. I needed to go to a store a let them help me process it. 

Does this sound right? I have a feeling it would be a hard pull.

the only way I heard of the store processing it, would be a new AP, with a high likelyhood of getting a second card, with a starter limit. Many people have applied a second and even a third time, and ended up with 3 store versions. and 3 HP's

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Everything I have read it's by invitation only. If you try, please let us know how you turn out.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 9
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I think my spidey sense is going off on this one. I'm going to let sleeping dogs lie.

i got a small 600 limit when I got impatient for the Walmart discover. I had a 3500 store card at the time

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@woodyman100 wrote:

Yeah, I think my spidey sense is going off on this one. I'm going to let sleeping dogs lie.

i got a small 600 limit when I got impatient for the Walmart discover. I had a 3500 store card at the time

It might not hurt to ask at the service desk next time you're there.  I've never heard of this method working and it kind of puts you at the mercy of the Sam's employee who may fully understand what you're requesting.  My instinct tells me they think you're talking about upgrading your membership level but who knows.

Message 6 of 9
vampireszombies
Established Member

It will be another HP. You currently have a store card and will have to apply for the Mastercard which is accepted everywhere. Two different cards.

Just like a Dillards store card where you have to reapply later to see if you qualify for the Amex.

_i work at Sams Club.

Message 7 of 9
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@vampireszombies wrote:

It will be another HP. You currently have a store card and will have to apply for the Mastercard which is accepted everywhere. Two different cards.

Just like a Dillards store card where you have to reapply later to see if you qualify for the Amex.

_i work at Sams Club.

That's how I had it figured. I just didn't follow up enough with the rep. I'm in the garden and have no business apping anyway.

Message 8 of 9
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

General rule of thumb is if you have to app you'll get a 2nd acccount with the option to keep both and have one be in club and the other MC.

I went through this with them last year when it was still DC and ended up with a store @ 10K / DC @ 4400 that quickly jumped up to match the store @ 10K.

I kept both open for utilization and AAoA.  If you decide to move your existing line  and close out the store keep  in mind in general Sam's / GEMB / SYNC whatever name you want to call them this week will max CL of 10K per account for most people.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.