Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams Discover...Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sams Discover...Approved

I decided to apply for Sams Club Discover yesterday in the store. I was instantly approved for $7,200.00. They told me I could use $3000 until my card comes. I asked the csr was this normal. She said noticed high approval amounts within the past week. I have a business membership. I don't know if this had anything to do with it. I have been a member of Sams since 1999.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sams Discover...Approved

wow !!!! what type of score  do you have??? and is this near yr exsisting trade lines?
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditqueen wrote:
I decided to apply for Sams Club Discover yesterday in the store. I was instantly approved for $7,200.00. They told me I could use $3000 until my card comes. I asked the csr was this normal. She said noticed high approval amounts within the past week. I have a business membership. I don't know if this had anything to do with it. I have been a member of Sams since 1999.

Nice!  That's a terrific starting CL.  I wonder how much your 9-year-old club membership had to do with it.

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not applied for anything in about 7 years. I started applying for cards this May 2008. I only have deferred student loans. I will be pulling my scores this week. I will let you know.

May 2008
Delta AMEX 2,500
Circuit City 1,500
Capital One $1,000
Hooters $750
CITI Denied(collection from 2003)(CA just put on report 5/08)(Old BK 13/2001)
Carnival Seamiles Denied(Lack of Credit) TU & EQ

July 2008
Stein Mart GEMB MC $1000 Applied in Store
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow well that was  very Nice and GOod luck 7 yrs wow get all you want now since you have new history but not 2 many!! !! Ive been a member also I need to apply next year lol Im trying to freeze my apply button!
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

mrsanderson,
This was my last application for this year. I wanted something else with a high credit limit besides AMEX. I have read so many horror stories, I don't even want to use it.
Message 6 of 22
USC08
Frequent Contributor

I apped a few days ago and got a CL of $5,400. They pulled EQ, my score was 663. Congrats!
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

USC08,
Do you know how long it takes for the card? I could not believe it when the CSR told me the amount.
Message 8 of 22
USC08
Frequent Contributor

7-10 business days is what i was told.
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 9 of 22
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

cheddar wrote:

creditqueen wrote:

Nice!  That's a terrific starting CL.  I wonder how much your 9-year-old club membership had to do with it.

Congratulations!

I don't know how much emphasis Sam's Club places upon length of membership history.  When I first joined Sam's Club, I was approved for, but chose to decline, a Sam's Club Discover card immediately after I submitted my membership application at their customer service desk. 

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.