Established Member
creditqueen

Sams Discover...Approved

I decided to apply for Sams Club Discover yesterday in the store. I was instantly approved for $7,200.00. They told me I could use $3000 until my card comes. I asked the csr was this normal. She said noticed high approval amounts within the past week. I have a business membership. I don't know if this had anything to do with it. I have been a member of Sams since 1999.
Frequent Contributor
mrsanderson

Re: Sams Discover...Approved

wow !!!! what type of score  do you have??? and is this near yr exsisting trade lines?
~EveryThing Is Within REach~FICO FORUM roCKs.....
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

creditqueen wrote:
I decided to apply for Sams Club Discover yesterday in the store. I was instantly approved for $7,200.00. They told me I could use $3000 until my card comes. I asked the csr was this normal. She said noticed high approval amounts within the past week. I have a business membership. I don't know if this had anything to do with it. I have been a member of Sams since 1999.

Nice!  That's a terrific starting CL.  I wonder how much your 9-year-old club membership had to do with it.

Congratulations!

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Established Member
creditqueen

I have not applied for anything in about 7 years. I started applying for cards this May 2008. I only have deferred student loans. I will be pulling my scores this week. I will let you know.

May 2008
Delta AMEX 2,500
Circuit City 1,500
Capital One $1,000
Hooters $750
CITI Denied(collection from 2003)(CA just put on report 5/08)(Old BK 13/2001)
Carnival Seamiles Denied(Lack of Credit) TU & EQ

July 2008
Stein Mart GEMB MC $1000 Applied in Store
Frequent Contributor
mrsanderson

wow well that was  very Nice and GOod luck 7 yrs wow get all you want now since you have new history but not 2 many!! !! Ive been a member also I need to apply next year lol Im trying to freeze my apply button!
~EveryThing Is Within REach~FICO FORUM roCKs.....
Established Member
creditqueen

mrsanderson,
This was my last application for this year. I wanted something else with a high credit limit besides AMEX. I have read so many horror stories, I don't even want to use it.
Frequent Contributor
USC08

I apped a few days ago and got a CL of $5,400. They pulled EQ, my score was 663. Congrats!
Established Member
creditqueen

USC08,
Do you know how long it takes for the card? I could not believe it when the CSR told me the amount.
Frequent Contributor
USC08

7-10 business days is what i was told.
Moderator Emeritus
psychic

cheddar wrote:

creditqueen wrote:

Nice!  That's a terrific starting CL.  I wonder how much your 9-year-old club membership had to do with it.

Congratulations!

I don't know how much emphasis Sam's Club places upon length of membership history.  When I first joined Sam's Club, I was approved for, but chose to decline, a Sam's Club Discover card immediately after I submitted my membership application at their customer service desk. 

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}