Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams club personal credit?

tag
enerey
Regular Contributor

Sams club personal credit?

hi everyone,  I have a question about Sams club store credit. I have a $2500 credit line with them but I was just online and I saw that when my membership expires in 7 days that my credit line will also expire. is there any way to get them to pc to mastercard? is it better to go in store or call? I will not be renewing membership because I always wait until I find a discount membership as I do not shop there often but would still like to keep my credit line.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sams club personal credit?

@enerey wrote:

hi everyone,  I have a question about Sams club store credit. I have a $2500 credit line with them but I was just online and I saw that when my membership expires in 7 days that my credit line will also expire. is there any way to get them to pc to mastercard? is it better to go in store or call? I will not be renewing membership because I always wait until I find a discount membership as I do not shop there often but would still like to keep my credit line.

You either have to be initially approved for the MC or receive an invitation from them.  I believe that to apply for the MC you must be a member.  Do you have the regular membership or the plus membership?  I have the plus membership and have received enough cash back to pay for my membership next year.  So, in order to keep your CL, you may have to renew your membership. 

Message 2 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

With my Sam's MasterCard, there is a stipulation somewhere in the text that conditions having the card on having an active membership, but it also goes on to state that if you need to cash your annual rewards check and don't have an active membership you can get a 'day pass' to do so... so there definitely seems to be some 'wiggle room' there.

Personally, I can't imagine Synchrony (or Sam's, for that matter...) closing a credit account when a membership expires.  My own membership will expire in August, and I plan to wait until the fall before renewing to get a discount through Discover or Amex (who this year both ran promotions on renewals later in the year).  You might want to check around, or even check directly with a member desk at a club (either in person or phone) to see what they say. 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I don't have a MC, Ive been a member on and off and ten years, I don't plan on letting it lapse cause I like my current CL ,
Message 4 of 15
enerey
Regular Contributor

thanks, I have the plus membership.  Got it when I found a special for $45 with a $25 gift card. I really do not shop there enough to justify the $100 fee. I will call in a little bit and see what they say, maybe I can get a discount on the renewal or an upgrade to mastercard. crossing my fingers. 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are you getting a $100 membership when there's a $45 one?
Message 6 of 15
enerey
Regular Contributor

I only got it cause I got it on special $45 with $25 back. I will see if I can get a discount on a renewal or maybe just go with a regular membership and considered it an annual fee. (I hate annual fees).

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@enerey wrote:

I only got it cause I got it on special $45 with $25 back. I will see if I can get a discount on a renewal or maybe just go with a regular membership and considered it an annual fee. (I hate annual fees).

I hate them too, but since I do a lot of shopping there, the cash rewards pays for the membership so it's not so bad for me.  Hope you are able to get the MC.  Hopefully by the time I get to a year on my card my score will be over 700 and they will upgrade me to a MC. 

Message 8 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Right now I'm accumulating +/- $30 each month in cash rewards, so even if I end up paying full price for the membership next year I can't complain too much... but I'm cheap, so I'm still hoping to get a break on it somehow... LOL  Smiley Surprised

Message 9 of 15
enerey
Regular Contributor

OK just called in, had to call twice the first rep sounded like she just woke up and just said they don't do upgrades to Mastercard have to apply for it. The second rep told me the same thing about the upgrade but also said if my membership expires that my credit will still be available but I can only use it to shop at Walmart since I would no longer be a member of Sams club. I hope she is right. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.